So our year - here we go!
January. I got back on the road with a series of global workshops, experiencing lots of snow and sickness. (During a 2 week workshop, I spent one day in the room with pink eye and another in the room with a stomach bug. My colleagues kept a can of Lysol at my table the rest of the meeting!) It was hard to be away from the kids because they were growing so quickly! And so, so cute!!! OH, and we (and by "we" I mostly mean his saintly teachers) potty-trained JB. It was practically a non-event that I almost forget it happened. But it did, PRAISE THE HEAVENS!!!
February. Within a short month we had a lot to accomplish with an upcoming move in March. And our poor bubs just couldn't seem to stay well!! It culminated with an ER visit and so many finger pricks that JB (still) has a total fear of white coats and scrubs. Fortunately he got better and the subsequent months had more smiles than fevers. Meanwhile, we started to say goodbye to our Atlanta friends and family. So bittersweet.
March. I had to escape all the craziness in Atlanta by flying halfway around the world to Thailand. What an interesting country! And successful work trip. I won't lie and say it was easy to be away from the kiddos (my itty bitty baby Maryn!), pump-and-dump on a 26 hour flight, or deal with the jetlag, but what an experience. I got back just in time to pack, pack, pack and move to Middle GA!
April. Our first month in our new home! Gosh, has it only been 8 months since we arrived? I am so grateful for a smooth transition. I attribute this to the warm, loving people in this little town. We are blessed and happy. We spent the month learning our way around town and unpacking. I also met my girls for our annual girls weekend - this time just a quick trip up to North Carolina.
May. We celebrated and memorialized lots of things and people: mothers, Mother Earth, cancer survivors, graduates and our fallen soldiers. Some trips to New Jersey (me), some trips to Atlanta (all of us), and then moseying around middle GA (all of us + Enda). A busy month!
June. A few repeats of May with trips to the Northeast (me) and Atlanta (us). And we also had lots of visitors to Middle GA! We baptized Baby Maryn into the Christian faith surrounded by her extended family. So very special!!
July. AAAAAH, July, one of those months that had the potential to send us over the edge. But it didn't, thank goodness, and lots of fun things happened (in between carting the tiny
August. You would have thought we'd stay put in August, but we didn't. Short trips, though, to Atlanta and to Reynolds. JB also started pre-school (he loves it!) This was the month I finally accepted the fact that our new town is south of the gnat line (and humid as hell). :)
September. Always an exciting month of celebrations! First, our little ginger baby turned ONE YEAR OLD!! Maryn - how is she a toddler already?! James also celebrated his last birthday in his 30s. And JB, WHAT, is three years old!?!?!?! Somewhere in there James and I celebrated 7 years of marriage. Lots of love in September.
October. The month we gained a new sister!! Shawntel and Kelly got married! FINALLY. We had a blast watching them say "I do" and celebrating down in Texas. We spent the rest of the month doing fall things: state fair, pumpkins, and trick-or-treating with our Monkey and Zebra.
November. Happened a month ago and I can't even remember what we did in November. (This is why I maintain the blog - if I can't remember a month ago, how will I remember 10 years from now!) OH WAIT, we gained another family member! Our baby niece/cousin Addison! Well how in the world did I forget something so sweet and special. Shame on me.
December. Our first Christmas in our new home, and I loved the way it all turned out. Took a while to get the decorations up because the demo/reconstruction of our fireplace happened the first weeks (pics coming soon), but once they were up they were so pretty! For the record, the kids are still scared to death of Santa in 2016. The picture proof that will live in infamy.
I haven't even finished the Christmas blog post (computer issues, AGAIN; time constraints, PER USUAL), but couldn't neglect my NYE tradition of pulling together the Year End review for our family. It's how I stop and reflect on all the blessings of the year!
Here's to a happy, healthy, and blessed 2017. Happy New Year!!
















No comments:
Post a Comment