This may have been one of our quietest Memorial Day weekends ever. No
Texas trips, no
Florida trips. Just a quick trip back up to the ATL on Saturday night, then home for the actual holiday. We did watch the PBS Memorial Day Concert because -
tradition. It is a very good, solemn reminder of the reason for the holiday.
We traveled to Atlanta for Brett's graduation party (James' first-cousin-one-removed). I forgot my camera and got zero pictures of the lovely lady we celebrated, but did manage several family shots of the kiddos with their loved ones.
 |
| the fam - with their funny faces |
 |
| Aunt Wyllene and M |
 |
| Gia and JB |
The party was in a beautiful community garden, complete with goats and chickens. The graduated high schoolers did not notice the livestock as much as our toddler - he LOVED it.
 |
| friendly little goat |
 |
| feeding the chickens |
 |
| cluck cluck |
Everyone had a great time. Including Maryn, who was disappointed that she didn't get to eat red velvet cake or dirts and sticks.
 |
| "but I want this stick!" |
 |
| "ALL MINE!" |
JB reminded me that he's growing into a big boy and took on the wild and crazy tree swing. I looked around at all the High Schoolers and wanted to cry! SLOW DOWN, SON!!
 |
| Still my baby boy... |
Saturday evening Chris and Nicole had us over for dinner (and got a glimpse of their future in 6 short months,YEA!!!) After sleeping at Gia's (highlight of JB's trip) and another family breakfast, we ended our Atlanta excursion with a fire truck tour! (As if firefighters weren't already heroes for risking their lives to save people and property, the fact they will get up from their breakfast table to show a toddler their truck…)
 |
| dreams do come true |
 |
| overwhelmed |
Maybe quieter than normal, but still a great weekend! I love the time with our family of four, and it's a real bonus when we throw in other relatives, too. Missed the Texas and Florida crews, so maybe a coin-toss next year to see which State wins the Sasser circus. :)
(Sidenote - I realize I'm wearing the same dress in this Memorial Day photo as a past Memorial Day photo from Florida two years ago. Just in case anyone else notices that, too…wanted to acknowledge that, yes, I could use a wardrobe update, haha.)
No comments:
Post a Comment