Sunday, October 9, 2016

JB's 3rd Birthday Paw-Ty

Sometime between 2.5 and 3 years old, the concept of a "birthday party" clicked for JB.  He loves them!  So I knew that Birthday #3 called for something special.  For months JB told me he wanted a Team Umizoomi Birthday Party, so I pinned all sorts of fun ideas. Then, a month ago, JB declared, "no, I don't want an Umizoomi Birthday Party, I want a PAW PATROL BIRTHDAY PARTY!!"  Back to the Pinterest board.  (But fortunately there are lots more available, pre-made decorations for Paw Patrol. Whew.)







His absolutely favorite Paw Patrol member right now is Everest, and he likes Zuma, too.  Both are in bed with him each night.  Made for a perfect cake, and the dolls made for great decorations. (Although JB kept letting me know that friends were touching his Everest and Zuma...)



Plans were for a standard bouncy house for the kiddos, but Hurricane Matthew made it unsafe for anything too tall in the yard.  Fortunately the rain had moved out by the party start, but the wind was still a bit strong and no one wanted to make the news.  Instead we blew up an obstacle course and the kids had a blast.  Parents "had to" participate, too (but I didn't hear many complaints - it was a lot of fun!)











We had lots of JB's (and our) little friends help us celebrate!  A few of the BFFs from school (like Gracee) came, along with JB's BFF from Atlanta, Mac.  Toddler friendships are the cutest. Family (both blood relatives and others who are like part of our family - Miss Danielle!) also got in on the action. 





I wonder about little Mac and our baby sister...what may happen with these two in 20 years... I won't lie, I wouldn't mind being in-laws with the McLeods!  :)  


Speaking of Sissy, Miss Maryn had a blast at big brother's party.  Our little social butterfly made friends with everyone, plus tried her best to keep up with the three year olds in her Paw Patrol outfit.  



People spoiled JB with their presence and with their presents. He got so many things that brought pure joy and excitement to his face!  Paw Patrol, art supplies, DVDs, excavators, balls, fire trucks, fire uniforms - so much new, great stuff to play with.



(quick "thank you" and back to playing!)

What a special day celebrating our big boy!  When I stressed and worried about the party, it was not really about the decorations or the food or the weather (and, let's be honest, a hurricane hitting your area on the day of the birthday party is a big stressor!!)  I just wanted JB to loooooooove the Paw Patrol Party that he has talked about for months!  And, he did.  Makes our hearts so happy.  




(Now, what does a Mama gotta do to get her kids to both smile at the camera in the same frame?)





Thank you to everyone who helped us celebrate JB at his paw-ty!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment