Monday, April 25, 2016

Lots of New Things!

This weekend we tried out all sorts of new things here in our new town.

First, we shopped the local Farmer's Market.  We brought home delicious lettuce and kale, a strawberry cake, and some homemade pork skins. 

Cool Cats

Get in my belly!

Maryn also tried out piggies (though not fried, rather in her hair).  Soooooo precious, although she's already protesting when I mess with her hair. She has a sensitive scalp like her Mama, I'm afraid... 

Piggies!
JB also tried out some Tory's, but I am not sure they go with the John Deere shirts he insists on wearing every day.

Stylin'

Enda tried/stole a Chick Fila milkshake...

caught in the act

YUM!
...and also tried a baby Mockingbird that she stole from a nest in one of our bushes.  :(  

This is now the second baby animal she's killed in front of us since we moved (the first a baby squirrel), and it doesn't get any less traumatic for her humans. Ah, country living. 


Maryn had lentils for the first time - jury is out on this one.  They have texture (not her favorite thing) but she didn't refuse them.  Success??  (This was the first baby food I actually made for Maryn - other than her milk, of course - because poor second child.....  Gerber doesn't make Lentils so I had to get out the old food processor.)

not sure about this one, Mama..
Lastly, we tried another church this Sunday.  I met someone at Chick Fila this week (a separate meal from the milkshake fiasco - we go too much!) and she invited me to their Sunday school at First Methodist.  The service, the group, the Sunday School, the nursery - all lovely and we felt at home.  Answered prayer!


(And you better believe I had the kiddos in all sorts of smocking nonsense for their first Sunday. They looked adorable!)


It was a great weekend that made us think, hey, we are doing quite nicely here in our new home!  It's been a month now, and lots of smiles on the Sasser faces.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're settling in!! Those pork rinds give me the willies, though. Ha. When do we get a home tour??!!

    ReplyDelete