Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Happy Halloween from our Zoo!

Yesterday was full of costumes, candy, and trick-or-treating.  A sudden fever and ear infection (JB) threatened to ruin Halloween, but a quick visit to the NP-C, Advil and an antibiotic saved the day!

Because his monkey costume was too small and very hot (we are experiencing 90 degree Fall temps), JB agreed to wear his fireman costume to his school party.  Very cute!


Back home (after the doctor), JB reminded us he was to be a monkey for Halloween and that Sissy "asked" to be a zebra.  So that is what they both wore for pictures and trick-or-treating.




Gia joined us for trick-or-treating, as she does every year and no one is ready to break tradition! Although we had to bypass our original plans with friends (due to the sudden illness), JB felt well enough to visit our neighbors and ask for candy.





A few of our neighbors went all out in terms of treats - not just candy, but little Halloween books, toys, and other non-edible goodies.  This mama loved that!


We hit up a few houses with our neighbors, who also have a sweet baby that, like Maryn, had no clue what was going on (other than it was FUN).




This year we had more trick-or-treaters than ever before.  I LOVED IT!!!  I was raised in the country and then spent many years in a condo, so I have always wanted a neighborhood where I can hand out candy  And we've got it - FINALLY.  :)


And since our house looked particularly lovely - maybe even a little spooky - last night, a quick shot of it, too.  I promise - there will be a house update coming soon!



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!  








No comments:

Post a Comment