Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Sleeping. Traveling. Living.

Admittedly I'm feeling a little overwhelmed this week after my first work trip after my first full week of work and a transition onto a very busy project.   So ready for the weekend.  What, it's only Wednesday you say?  Sigh

Y'all, it's hard to be hundreds of miles away from your little 4 month old baby.  Well, and hard to be away from your 2 year old!  (It's also hard to be away from your spouse, but James and I are well conditioned after 10 years as a couple while very often apart.)  I have several long trips on the calendar the next few months, so I must accept them and not dwell too much.  As I remind myself often: I enjoy my job AND I'm grateful for my job.  Plus I just read Bossypants, so I'm feeling empowered as a real bad-A working mama.  :)

Last week I was convinced the best part of the trip would be a FULL NIGHT SLEEP in a hotel room. We were back to sleep training Maryn (if you recall from her 4 month update she regressed to a newborn night schedule), and the little gal was crying for hours all through the night.  Brutal.  On Friday night I couldn't find her sleep sack so grabbed the Merlin Magic Sleepsuit.  Then I went to bed and woke up at 7:30AM feeling like an entirely new woman.  That thing really is magic.  Saturday night she slept soundly again, so James made the executive decision to ignore the doctor's advice and keep her in the marshmallow suit until she grows out of the largest size that they sell.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.  
(And that Sunday night while sleeping soundly at the Hilton, there was a "fire emergency" at 4AM that caused massive disruption to my sleep. Ironic, no??)

The kids survived - even thrived - while I traveled, thanks very much to their Daddy, their Gia, and the nanny.  Maryn did go on a hunger strike on Sunday night after I left (bring on the mom guilt!!), but James reported that she quickly became a "team player" starting Monday morning. Hopefully she'll be a bottle pro after all this travel.  Speaking of bottles, no one at TSA or Delta gave me grief about all the milk I lugged back last night.  Yea!

When I opened JB's door this morning he popped up and said, "Oh! HEY MAMA!!" I melted.  Maryn kept smiling at me while she happily nursed. Homecomings are wonderful things!

So busy, busy, busy - but that's just life.  Between our travel, our working, our moving in March, I'll accept any and all prayers for our mental sanity!!


3 comments:

  1. I am totally getting one of these sleepsuits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOVING??? Again? I need some details!

    Also, 4am fire alarm!!! Are you kidding? That's just cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara Taylor KnightJanuary 15, 2016 at 8:57 PM

    I have now read your family blog and feel delighted in getting to know you. My friend,Lynn Hobbs(Dir Pre-sch FUMC) shared the info of the family need for a nanny.My last child of 8yrs has outgrown my duty on a regular basis. The love we have built will continue.I am now available to join another family ; you may contact me at anytime. I will hold your family in christian love and prayer as the transition to Dublin unfolds. JOY ON YA! Barbara Taylor Knight [478-484-2716]

    ReplyDelete