Monday, September 24, 2018

Wesley Robert - One Year Old!

One year ago yesterday, we met our son, Wesley Robert.  I cannot believe he's completed one full year around the sun, and is no longer a baby!  He's a toddler! 



Let's see - how to capture one year old Wesley.  First, he's a perfect fit to our family.  He loves to go-go-go, hang out and play with his siblings, and be in someone's arm or lap at all times.  I could not imagine a better little brother for JB and Maryn than Wes.  They just all go together so well!

Second, Wesley has picked up a bit of a temper.  Although still fairly easy going in many ways, he will show you his displeasure with shrieks, violently throwing a cup/food/toy across the room, or by "falling out" (as Ms T says) on the floor or pitching himself back out of your arms.  Um, where did that come from?  He's a little obsessed with his Mama right now, and I have to practically duck, roll and army crawl across the kitchen or living room if I'm trying to escape to my office and he is downstairs.



Third, we love his little moves. Wesley still loves to dance and is always trying to turn on his animated toys so he can shake his bum or jiggle or head bob.  He attempts to turn on the CD player, too, and smiles a huge grin when the music comes on.  He's started music class (as an actual student, not just a sleepy infant observer), and I think he's a musical genius with the way he keeps a beat with his instruments or claps. 

Although he can crawl, dance, and stand up fairly well, Wesley will not walk. Flat out refuses.  If you try and make him walk, that temper I spoke of before comes out.  Oh well!  I'm sure he'll walk when he darn well pleases.

And, ZERO TEETH.  Where are those suckers? Guess we'll enjoy that gummy grin for a bit longer! Lack of teeth does not stop Wesley from chowing down. He'll eat about anything we put in front of him. Unlike his siblings, he's a true carnivore. He must get that from his Daddy - this boy loves meat and protein!  Honestly I'm very surprised by his measurement stats with how well he eats real food, but he's also very active so he quickly burns what he eats.




Wesley's Measurements:
  • Weight: 19 lbs (15th percentile)
  • Height: 28 1/4 inches (4th percentile)
(Our littlest one at a year, but something tells me he'll be one of the mightiest.  He has no problem keeping up with those siblings!)




At 12 Months Old,  Wesley...

...Eats lots and lots of real food, but I can barely get a bottle of milk in the little guy.  Wesley weaned himself from me right after he turned 11 months old (a little heartbreaking, if I can be honest), but fortunately I had a stash to cover a couple additional weeks.  I mixed half cow/breast milk for a while, and now he's on 100% cow's milk.  That is, when I can get him to take a bottle!  He's happy to drink one in the AM, fights them throughout the day, then flat out refuses one at night.  We're going to try cold milk sippy cups and throw out these bottles - one less baby-habit to break him of down the road! 

…Sleeping so well, still!  12 hours at night, normally 2 naps a day, but survives with one long nap on Saturdays.  Honestly he's starting to act weird about the AM nap, so I wonder how long we'll get two out of him? 

...Wears mostly 12 month clothes, but anything with a snap is now 18 months for a comfortable fit. He's so long in the waist!  But his little legs?  Just like his brother, he could probably get away with 6 month pants for another year.  (They are short and chubby and precious.)

…Loves so many things, let me try to remember them all: his siblings (looooooooves them); any type of car or truck that he can push around; swinging outside; riding in his new push car; music and instruments; climbing on JB's Roddy Potty bear; hide-n-seek; "I'm going to get you!"/chasing; drinking from straws; bath time; "Goodnight My Love" book; singing and rocking at bedtime; eating off Mama's plate

…Does not like when people don't share food (this is still his number one complaint in life); diaper/wardrobe changes from Mama (he's fine when others change him??); strangers; shoes; too long of a car ride, shopping trip, dinner or anything that has him contained in a seat



One Year - We love you, Wesley, and hope this is the first of a 100 wonderful birthdays!



Previous Updates on Wesley:

No comments:

Post a Comment