Thursday, September 20, 2018

Beach Birthday for James!

This past weekend we hosted a grand birthday party for all three children - and I'm still sorting through all the pictures and memories (and started to relax after some frantic party planning!)  More to come on that one...

But since my parents came in for the party, I took advantage of their support to sneak James away for a little birthday trip to the beach!  Not easy to do, as I had to (secretly) work around his calendar and then worry about Hurricane Flo.  I ended up telling James about the surprise a week before, as we needed a contingency in case Florence's path moved further south and disrupted our plans.  Fortunately for us (although not so good for poor Wilmington), she stayed north and James and I headed East on Sunday for 48 hours of kid-free time in Hilton Head, South Carolina. 



The only thing I had planned for us were dinner reservations both nights (which were unnecessary, due to the fact that the Island all evacuated!) and a cabana at the resort pool.  We enjoyed food, adult drinks, adult conversations, hours of uninterrupted reading time, 80s music on the balcony, long walks on the beach (although not the romantic type, but the fast paced type so we could get in our exercise!), and even some TV time (Office reruns).  For parents of three young children - HEAVEN.  





During this wonderful getaway, James turned another year older and is now entering his 42nd trip around the sun. I swear he looks younger than me, even though I'm much younger and still in my "mid-ish 30s".  


We love you so much, James!  You are a steady rock for our family who gives and gives, and we're grateful to call you ours.  


No comments:

Post a Comment