Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Wesley Robert - 4 Months Old!

Oh this sweet boy.  I seriously kiss Wesley a hundred times a day. Even back to work, I manage to have him in my arms in a lot of my free time. He's enjoying wake time baby wearing more and more, so he gets carted around everywhere. Spoiling him?  Probably. Do I care? Not a bit.




Although he loves attention, Wesley is also more content to lay, watch, and play the older he gets.  He'll hang out on his back for a long while, and does better with tummy time.  Doesn't try to roll yet, but can scoot a bit with all his leg kicks.


We love to make Wesley giggle and smile.  He's in that phase where his smiles take over his entire body.  The big kids like to tickle him, and Ms. Therlon has found a rather ticklish spot under his chin.  He's more interactive and enjoys bounces and hoists above the head. He's very vocal (especially in the mornings) and talks and talks to whoever will actively engage him - even the birds on his swing. When we picked him up from church nursery last Sunday, the ladies said he conversed with them the full 2 hours.




Wesley has weathered this cold and flu season with nothing more than a stuffy nose so far (fingers crossed.) He's a solid guy and definitely a good eater. He poops only once a week and can clear a room with his toots. They are worse than JB and Enda, combined. (Normally I would not share something embarrassing on the blog, but something tells me that little boy Wesley may find this hysterical so I wanted to record it.) He also started to spit up, but his reflux has not seemed to bother him. We took him off the Prev.acid without an issue, and I've reintroduced some dairy without any problems.

We're entering my absolute favorite baby phase.  Hoping we can get through the potential Four Month Sleep Regression and start to get naps and nighttime sleep in a better place soon - but I'm also trying not to obsess/stress about it too much and just enjoy the fact that Wesley is an absolute delight when he's awake.




So here we go -  his four month stats!

Wesley's Measurements:
* Note - his 4 month wellness visit has been pushed out by a few weeks due to flu outbreak in our town :(
  • Weight: 14lbs 7oz



At 4 Months Old,  Wesley...

…Eats every 3 hours during the day, normally at 7, 10, 1, 4, 7 and 10.  Still needs a 3AM feed about 50% of the nights. Very predicable. A long nap or an outing may push a feed, but it doesn't seem to bother him.  Sometimes the 7PM feed is a struggle due a tired meltdown, but he still rocks the dream feed.

…Sleeps pretty well! Solid, 11-12 hour nighttime sleep is within our grasp (I can feel it!) I remind myself he's just now reached 4 months, so the fact he's even a bit scheduled is a win.  We moved him out of the RNP (for sleep) this month, and he sleeps in his pack-n-play in our closet or normally in his crib in his room for nighttime and naps (when we're home), respectively.  He's in the Merlin Magic Sleepsuit but since I'm not seeing full blown sleep miracles (like I did with Maryn), I may just move to a sleepsack this month.  Naps are short and he struggles to transition to the next sleep cycle after 40 minutes.  Sometimes we'll cheat and let him sleep in a rocking RNP or swing. He takes roughly 3 naps a day with one little late catnap in the Solly wrap or car seat, depending on our afterwork activities.  About once a week he'll do a 3 hour marathon nap and throw me for a loop.

...Wears 3-6 month clothes and 6 month clothes.  Those 6 month one pieces are not going to last too long.  He's wearing outfits now that JB wore around the May timeframe (and their birthdays are only days apart.)  His growth may not top the charts, but he seems so big to us! Wears size 2 Pampers, but the size 2 Huggies (that I bought two boxes of at the Costco sale) are nearly too small.

…Loves when people talk and interact with him; baths; his paci; his hands

…Does not love the car and carseat. He can let our some shrill screams during car rides, causing both his siblings to ride with their hands over their ears. 




Month Four -  you're such an easy going baby, Wesley!



Previous Updates on Wesley:

How does he compare?:  JB - Four Months Old ; Maryn - Four Months Old

Author's Note: I am not loving the props I got for the monthly updates this go around.  Now that W is so active his little hands and feed cause the blanket to twist and turn when I'm taking pics.  But, I'm committed!  

1 comment:

  1. Abby was laying with me when I read this and wanted to know all about the baby. She said “I haven’t meeted him!” I asked her if she wanted to and she said yes, but she might be shy! Ha!

    ReplyDelete