Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Saturdays - It's the Little Things!

We enjoyed a wonderful Saturday last weekend (followed by a wonderful Sunday when we celebrated Wesley's first birthday!!!)  These kiddos sure do keep us on our toes, and make even little adventures very exciting and entertaining.  Although we reminisce sometimes about lazy Saturdays on an Atlanta patio watching hours of college football and drinking draft beers, I wouldn't trade them for these Saturdays. (Which still manage to contain college football and beer - just on our couch).  :) 

First, the kids picked Lu Ann's for humongous cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Wesley enjoyed some pancake, biscuit, eggs, and drinking out of a straw. (Can't - or won't - hold his own bottle, but has no problem with a 20 ounce cup). 


Next we headed to our little Farmer's Market to make birdhouses, an activity sponsored by our local hospital.  Kids had a blast, and I couldn't get over how meticulously they built and painted them.  These little preschoolers are getting good at crafts.



They immediately wanted to put them up in their new playhouse when we got home later that day.  Lots of pride in these beauties (although they haven't attracted birds quite yet).



While we were downtown, we had to make our wishes at the fountain. JB wished that we could live here forever (sweet boy), and I wished that our family of five would always love spending a Saturday together (even when we're old.)  I know, I know, it's sappy, but it's true!



We ended the Saturday with a trip to the Country Club, where we also ate one year ago (the night before Wesley's arrival). I had to recreate some shots, this time with Wes in my arms instead of my stomach.


I love these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment