Monday, April 11, 2016

Maryn Elizabeth - 7 Months Old!

If I don't get this out soon she's not going to be seven months old much longer!


The seventh month of Maryn's life was a very hectic one, but Maryn demonstrated her true go-with-the-flow nature and didn't let all the chaos disrupt her good nature.  


Naps on the go?  Sure.  15 minute naps? Not a problem. Sleeping wherever we could set up a pack-n-play because the crib was in the moving van.  No biggie.  Being held by whoever happened to be around.  Looooooved all the new attention.  Long car rides and umpteen errands?  Well, she didn't love those things but didn't put up too much of a fuss.



Maryn finally rolled both ways this past month, although she hasn't pushed up or tried to move forward or back.  She sits up very well, and loves to "stand" on tables, legs, or in her exercauser.  She has amazing arm strength and will wrestle most anything out of your hands.  I swear she has go-go-gadget arms because she can reach most anything on a table to take hold off (drinks, glass objects, dangerous knives, etc).  We transitioned her out of the Merlin Magic Sleepsuit with little difficulty (yes!), and within a week she flipped onto her tummy to sleep.  She can find her paci in the crib and put it back in her mouth on her own.  This is huge.



Speaking of things that go in her mouth - everything.  Except food.  There is zero interest in food other than her milk.  We gave it a half-hearted attempt this month so more work to be done here.  No teeth to report on either.

"I love to eat my toes, though!"
So here we go!  Maryn's seven month stats!

Maryn's  Measurements:
  • Weight: 17lbs 6 oz
Some Firsts:
  • Rolled back to front
  • First food - sweet potatoes (not a hit)

At 7 Month Old,  Maryn...

…Still eats 5 times a day around every 3 hours.  We nurse when we're together and then she gets either a breastmilk or formula bottle when we're not.  One bottle of formula a day has relieved a little pressure off of Mama, and so for that I am grateful. And she loves it just the same.

…Still sleeps like a champ. She likes to sleep in in the mornings, taking after her Mama while early bird JB takes after his Daddy.  

…Wears 6-12 month, 9-12 month and 9 month clothes.  All those sweet summer clothes in 9 months will be worn for only a hot second, I'm afraid.  She can go between size 3 and size 4 diapers, but blows out at least one a day no matter the size.

…Loves life.  She smiles all the time and can get to giggling so hard that you have to remind her to breath.  New favorite activities: peek-a-boo, "I'm gonna get you!", brother's tickles and pokes (even the ones that Mama fears are not that gentle!)


Loves her big brother!

…Does not like 4lb little rat terriers named Nugget.  Nor does she appreciate being left alone in a room.   Alone time is not something she values (my little extrovert!)

Month Seven - We love all the smiles and belly laughs. And your new thing this month:  funny faces!  







Previous Updates on Maryn:

JB's Seven Month Update  (How do they Compare?): JB - 7 Months Old!


2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I just love her HAIR!!!! I can't get over it!! I'm glad she's such a fun and easygoing babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gahh. That hair. I think it's getting more red is that's possible. I LOVE it! So glad you're getting to experience all of these BIG life changes with a easygoing baby. And hooray for giant sleep wins! Go Maryn!

    ReplyDelete