Perks of moving to a rural town - trips to the farm! JB went on his first school field trip, and lucky Mama got to take off a couple hours to join him. SO MUCH FUN. JB's comfort level around barnyard animals has increased greatly, I might add. Zero tears, and he actually touched a few. :)
The Meadowbrook Farm owners graciously opened up their place to the entire preschool, and JB quickly found his new little friends and teacher, Ms. Nee Nee. He proudly dropped off his lettuce and carrots for the horses, and listened intently about all the animals.
 |
| Farmer JB |
We saw bunny rabbits (all girl rabbits, as the farm lady said she's not in the "rabbit raising" business,
cue laughing from all the adults).
There were also llamas, which were a huge hit with JB. He is a big fan of the Llama Llama books, and he kept asking to see them. I thrilled JB with my knowledge that llamas "spit". Sometimes Mama knows just the right thing to say to her 100% boy...
 |
| No spitting! |
There were very friendly goats, and brave JB pet and patted many of them.
 |
| fast friends! |
There were chickens and an enormous aviary. Lots of birds to entertain the kiddos.
Lastly we saw horses, ponies, miniature donkeys (I want one!), and some type of mini cows? JB fed the donkeys some carrots. I would have bet money against JB feeding the animals, but he surprised me!
 |
| this is HUGE |
The kiddos got snacks afterwards - Kool Aid, rice crispy treats, fruit gummies, and goldfish. I almost made JB eat one of the donkey's baby carrots, for balance. :)
A beautiful day! So grateful for the special memories with my little guy.
So cute! I loved that he dressed appropriately. :) And I saw a miniature donkey at a live nativity last year and YES- absolutely need one (or maybe a dozen) as a pet!!
ReplyDelete