Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Celebrating Michael's Big 4-0

We celebrated one of James' oldest, best friend's FORTIETH BIRTHDAY this weekend in Atlanta.  Kellee threw Michael a fabulous shindig, with ax throwing and drinks/dinner. (We did not attend the ax throwing because we didn't feel we could leave all three youngins for that period of time. Not that we worried about the children - we worried about the babysitters!!!)



I loved the surprised look on Michael's face when we walked in for dinner! I also loved getting to catch up with all the Cairo crowd plus a few new faces who we became fast friends with.  Most everyone has small children so people swapped hilarious "parents of the year" stories.


(Funny story - notice the splatter on the wall.  During the food service the waitress dumped a whole bowl of seafood bisque behind James and we got so much soup on our clothes and the wall!  No harm, no foul - we just got some club soda and laughed about it.)

We saw these sweet boys who have been absent from our lives for the past year and a half - too long!  Let's get together again soon, guys, you only live an hour away!!!




I say it every time we're together, but it's so special that James is still close to his childhood friends.  I hope we're still celebrating our 80th birthdays together - which should be even more fun because we can all stay out late OR all night and not worry about all the babysitters back home!


Happy Birthday, Michael!

1 comment:

  1. So......I've read your blog for forever (since before JB was even in the picture!), but have always kept pretty quiet -- until today, when I see familiar friends in your group picture (Justin & Gina)! What a small, small world we live in!

    ReplyDelete