Monday, January 22, 2018

Breakfast with our Favorite Characters

(And I'm not talking about the children - though they are our favorite cast of crazies.)

Saturday our Junior League hosted a children's breakfast with Superheroes and Princesses. I had looked forward to this for months, and fortunately got my tickets months ago because they completely sold out and filled the room.  JB talked about it all week, and Maryn seemed to understand, too.  The night before JB decided he would wear his Superman costume, which was already a little snug at Halloween so you can imagine it 3 months later! Total crack attack!  I laid out this very pretty pink dress and stockings for Maryn only for her to veto me and insist on wearing her pretty Elsa costume.  (This gal doesn't know Elsa from Snow White from Ariel - but somehow she knew that this breakfast called for something very fancy!)





After carb loading at breakfast (on grits, biscuits, hashbrowns, and pigs-in-a-blanket - the Southern staples), the children anxiously waited as the characters slowly entered the room.  The look on JB's face when Batman and Spiderman walked in... so precious.



Although Maryn reacted totally differently and demanded that we immediately leave and "go home, GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!"  Poor gal.  She, Wesley and I walked outside for a bit to calm down, ran into Supergirl, and somehow she gave Maryn the courage to walk back inside.  She stayed attached to James like a koala cub while JB and I worked the room.


Of course the one superhero that did not show up - Superman.  I saw JB's little lip quiver and it broke my heart. Fortunately all of the other superheroes gave JB the same response:  "Superman had to stay at the Watch Tower to protect it from villians". This seemed to satisfy him.




There were superhero demonstrations and princess singalongs.  Everyone danced to the YMCA and JB caught on quickly. He also belted out Let It Go with all the others (even though we're so behind and have never seen Frozen.) There is just something about that song and kids!



Wesley behaved like the angel baby that he is, flirting with all the Junior League girls and laughing with my mama friends.


Such a fun morning!  I can't wait to take JB to Disney.


(I would love to take Maryn, too, but something tells me girlfriend would prefer something less magical at the moment.) 

"stay away, superheroes"


No comments:

Post a Comment