Monday, November 23, 2015

Another day in #Perrydise

The McLeods invited us down to their lake house this weekend for some good, clean fun for the big boys, the little boys, and the girls.  For the big boys, activities included deer hunting and deer hunting (and watching the kids - more on that in a sec).  BOR-ING, no pictures to post of them sitting silently in a deer stand for hours at a time.

For the little boys, there was ample space at the lake and the farm to run, play and be crazy.  And riding toys.  AND TRACTORS (like, big John Deere tractors - the real deal).  These boys were in absolute heaven with their Daddies out on the farm.






They also ate their weight in clementines. It's that time again!  JB will probably eat 4-5 a day for the rest of the winter…


JB and Mac also took good care of our little ginger sissy while we were at the lake. JB has gotten quite protective of Maryn.  Some other children wanted to ooh and ahh over her, and he rushed up, pushed them away, and said "no, MY sissy".  So sweet, but not quite the "sharing" behavior we are trying to teach. :)






Now, the boys took the kiddos (all three of them, on their own!) for the day on Saturday so the girls - Becca and I - could enjoy a little adventure in the big town of Perry to visit the Farmdale Cottage.  Southern lifestyle expert and designer (and friend of Becca's) James Farmer has built a new home, and he hosted an open house and lunch for people to enjoy it.

Farmdale Cottage
I took a few pictures so we could remember and covet these rooms.  Absolutely gorgeous, and I left telling him he was hired if/when I ever need an interior designer.   I truly think, with his help, I can achieve one of my lifetime goals of landing in Southern Living.

Kitchen



Dinner is served
Speaking of Southern Living, his home will be an available plan and featured in some upcoming issues.    As it should!



Just a good ole Fall weekend with some good friends and Southern culture.  Can't beat that.

1 comment:

  1. That house looks just like mine, inside and out! Except not at all :) It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete