Friday, November 20, 2015

Good Times with Grammy

Our Grammy came to see us!  I knew my Mother had been anxious for a return trip to see the grands from the second they left the driveway in September.  A few weeks ago we booked her flight for last Thursday to this Wednesday, allowing James a hunting weekend in middle Georgia.  Then our nanny informed me she had jury duty this week (only my second week back!)  So Mother's trip worked out perfectly.

We were quite productive.  Remember - the Kerrs don't sit. They have to be doing something. At all times.
  • We did a lot of cooking, cleaning, organizing, and laundry. (Well, Mother did all these things for me - but I watched with a lot of gratitude.)  
  • We (attempted to) dye our black jeans.  We both realized how faded ours were, got some Rite dye, then followed all the instructions only to come out with faded black jeans.  Grrrrrrr.
  • We framed James' and my diplomas - after all these years!!  My parents gift their kids diploma frames, but it took a while for James and I to, first, find our diplomas, and second figure out the frame.  Mother and I spent hours at the frame shop, but love what we came away with!
  • I finally baked the cookies I've been craving for so long: oatmeal chocolate chip, "for my milk".  (certainly not for my sweet tooth…)
Baking with my Sous Chef
But it wasn't all work!  There was a lot of play!  Mother may or may not have insinuated a few times that our house is a bit crazy and chaotic.  Doesn't hurt my feelings at all - I totally agree we are a circus most days.  Circuses are fun, though. :)  
  • For Maryn and Grammy it was Cuddles, Cuddles, Cuddles.  Mother even got her to laugh with some tickles!  
Hi Grammy


  • JB also had a great time reading, playing, and jumping with Grammy.  
Little Blue Truck
Mr. Cool
Our little monkey
  • We had to capture as much as we could with selfies (since the boys were not around to take our picture.)  This one was after church, where we managed to make it on-time with two kids in tow.  
Maryn is not impressed with this Sunday MIRACLE!
  • When the weather cooperated, we hauled the double stroller and dog to the park.  Fun times for everyone.
              

And then the last night - DATE NIGHT!!  Mother shoo'd James and me out of the house to enjoy a nice dinner sans kids.  It was glorious!  

yea!!
We miss Grammy already, but it's only a month before we'll be back in Texas with both Grammy AND Gran Gran (and a whole host of other Kerrs that we love to see.)  Yea!

1 comment:

  1. What fun!! But I'm sad to hear that re-dying your jeans didn't work out so well. I got really excited at the prospect...but I guess I'll just save myself the trouble, now that I know it didn't turn out!! Bummer!!

    ReplyDelete