Friday, October 17, 2014

Some Friday Funnies

Here are five funny things to leave everyone with on this Friday.  Well, not everything is that funny, but hopefully light and amusing.  (Also, some of these pics - taken by my Dad - are not related/recent, but I needed an excuse to post them because they're too cute!)

1) PESTO.  I make JB's food (purees - still!, pancakes, veggie nuggets, meatballs, etc) in large batches and store them in zip locks in the freezer.  Nanny Y then digs around each meal and puts together a plate.  (I go back and forth on if I should write out his meal plans, like I was doing, or just let her put together the meal. She prefers the latter, but then I have zero control. Which gives me heartburn.)

Anyway, so yesterday I come downstairs and smelled….garlic?  Basil?  PESTO???  A few weeks ago I stripped my (massive) basil plant and made tons of pesto (which I also froze and stuck in a ziplock in the freezer - different shelf and labeled!!)  Poor little JB was consuming pesto by the spoonful.  Poor Nanny Y, from Colombia, wasn't familiar with what pesto was, and panicked when she saw my face!  I assured her that it's certainly not dangerous or poisonous for him - just probably not that appetizing with all that raw garlic.
Vampires beware...
2) ENYA.  Little JB is so obsessed with Enda.  He follows her around; finds her toys and brings them to her; and contributes to the "bra fat" around her collar by sharing anything that he is eating.  Enda was his first - and still only - word, but it sounds more like "Enya".  And we hear "Enya, Enya, ENYA!" about 400 times a day.

3) BITING. This one is really not funny. It's frustrating.  JB is biting!!  Like, all the time!! And it's always in play - not out of frustration or anger.  This is an important distinction, because the toddler books all talk about what to do if they are frustrated and bite.  Not when they are being sweet and cuddly and then take a chunk out of your leg!

At music class on Tuesday, our sweet teacher, Ms. Raina, was lying on her stomach for one of the songs. JB walked over to her, laid his head on her bottom (sweet/awkward), then leaned over to bite her calf.  Fortunately, I was up to grab him before he could sink his teeth, but I. Was. Mortified.



4) LA BOCA.  Homefries is impressing me with his ability to comprehend so many things in both Spanish and English.  Not only is this (hopefully) helping his language development,  it's also turning into parlor tricks when people come over.  For instance, I say "JB, abre la boca!" and he opens his mouth to say "aaaah".  James will then say "JB, open your mouth!" and he does the same.  Then everyone claps and JB claps and we say "YEA for bilingual babies!!"

"AAAAAAH", says genius baby
5) KB.  Speaking of guests, Miss KB came to see JB!  And Kathleen brought him the most adorable little piggie, which he's been carrying around ever since.  She got to witness JB walk into cabinets, fall into the dog bowl, and face plant into the floor.  Hopefully she didn't call Child Protective Services on us.


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I know first hand how frustrating the biting is! Especially when your kid is biting the others in the class. But this too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness -- the pesto thing was too funny! Poor JB! Supposedly raw garlic is good for the immune system, so if anything, at least JB is now prepared to ward off vampires AND viruses, right?

    Happy weekend to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete