JB experienced several "firsts" this weekend, and fortunately Mama remembered to document with her "real" camera. Too many cute pictures, so I am just going to upload them all (you're welcome, Gia and Grammy).
FIRST, we took JB on his first trip to Chick Fila (well, that he could actually participate in). Obviously here in Atlanta this is a milestone for the baby book. Our child turned his nose up at the nuggets and fries (?!?!?!?!), but loudly demanded Daddy's Ice Dream Cone.
![]() |
| "Looks suspicious…" |
![]() |
| "I'd rather eat that cow…" |
| Soon enough, Bubs, soon enough... |
SECOND "first" - his first real haircut. Now, I know, he had a little trim last month, but that was really to chop off his rat tail. This was the real deal, people - at Great Clips with James' girl, Erin. We don't need no fancy-schmancy children's salon. No Pigtails and Crewcuts for this family (and, I doubt a chick as cool as Erin would work in one of those places anyway…)
He did pretty well! He even let her use the clippers, although she flinched and gasped so many times that I finally grabbed him and said "ooookay, that looks great, THANKS!"
JB then proceeded to go up and talk to everybody in the place while Daddy got his hair cut. (It was PRIDE weekend here in Atlanta, and we were in the Midtown/Little Five location - there were a lot of colorful characters that kept JB pretty entertained.)
![]() |
| "How adorable am I, on a scale of 1 to 10?" |
THIRD "first" of the weekend was a real bummer. JB experienced his first Red River Shootout loss, boooo. Last year, JB's early arrival meant that he witnessed a LONGHORN VICTORY against those damn Sooners from Oklahoma.
| 2013 |
![]() |
| 2014 (pre-hair cut!) |

























Reagan isn't a huge fan of CFA either. We went Friday night for a Ladies' Night dinner and she ate the applesauce, and maybe ate a half of a nugget when she sucked ketchup off it again and again. Then threw a fit, so Mama ate dinner in the car ride home. Good times, good times! I was going to get us a cone to split, she missed out!
ReplyDeleteJB didn't want WAFFLE FRIES from CFA?!?!??!! Have you had a psych eval done yet??
ReplyDeleteHow can he not like Chick-fil-A?!? Bless his heart. I'm sure things are bound to turn around soon!
ReplyDelete