(Sidenote: James says I've got to cut out the "Bubbies" or "Bubsies" now that JB is a big boy. "Bubs" is my compromise. He's still too little for "Bubba".)
In my book, JB has been running a fever since Monday. In the nurse's book, he's been running one since Tuesday. (The nurse says they only consider 101 a fever, but that doesn't seem right in my totally non-medically based opinion.) And he's a total cranky pants who doesn't feel good and can't get comfortable enough to sleep. He was eating just fine until late yesterday, but now even yogurt and a King's Hawaiian roll can't entice him. Despite the nurse saying he was "probably fine" (insert choice words from Mama bear…), she agreed to fit him in today to check him out. With this enterovirus and Ebola and everything going on, I just felt better letting our pedi take a look at him.
![]() |
| Pitiful... |
Now, the only - I mean, ONLY - good thing about a sick JB is that, well, he will actually cuddle. He wants to be held and will sit and let you hold him. This morning, when he woke up piping mad at 6:30AM, he actually nursed himself back to sleep in my arms and we cuddled together for an entire hour. The doctor says he should be on the mend soon (thank goodness), but I'm going to take advantage of it while I can. :)














Poor little guy. He looks so pitiful. Enjoy those big boy snuggles!
ReplyDeleteI hate viruses!!! Few things get me worked up like going to to the pedi with a clearly miserable child only to be told it's "just a virus" that will run its course. Hope he kicks it ASAP!
ReplyDeleteAww, bless his heart! He does looks pitiful. :-( I've heard that HFM disease is going around again, not that I would wish that on him, but at least then you'd know how to "fix" it. Hope his fever subsides soon and he gets to feeling better!!
ReplyDeleteAwww poor guy!!! Glad you're getting some snuggles out of the deal, but I hope he feels better soon. And yeah- you should get your copay $ back anytime they diagnose it as a virus.
ReplyDeletePoor little dude!! I hope it isn't HFM, I heard it is awful!
ReplyDelete