Wednesday, October 29, 2014

JB is Thirteen Months Old!

Note: The original plan was to ditch the monthly updates after Year 1 because, frankly, they were stressful. The sticker, the photoshoot, the photo editing, the super long format I committed to in Month One (and thus couldn't ditch the subsequent months) - I had a mild panic attack when I saw the 29th coming up each month.  Then I told myself, "Jennie, chill out - a short little update using whatever pictures you've got will do!"  So we'll continue with updates for at least the second year.  I'll stop them once it requires math to figure out how old he is.    :)

After rounding out the first year, JB-the-Baby kept trucking along and is now 13 months old!


This little dude is quite the character, and he's changing and learning every day.  Some of his new tricks  this month:
  • Blows kisses
  • Gives "low fives"
  • Cuddles before night time and nap time (still 2 a day)
  • Tosses his dirty diapers in the diaper pail
  • Brushes his teeth
  • "Calls" and "talks" to people on the phone (whatever real or play phone he can get ahold of)
  • Says "Enya" (for Enda), "Da" (for Dad), "Gi" (for Gia), and "Ya Ya" (for Nanny Y)
  • (Breaks his Mama's heart every day by refusing to say "Mama")

The things that JB thinks make life worth living:
  • Music class and music in general
  • Dairy (cheese, yogurt, whole milk)
  • Touch and Feel books
  • Peekaboo and Hide n' Seek
  • Bath time and his bath time toys
  • "Driving" his car to the park
  • Chasing Enda and bringing her toys
  • Loving on the kitties
JB could really do without the following:
  • Diaper and wardrobe changes
  • Vegetables
  • Long car rides
  • The church nursery
Happy 13 months, JB! 

(Helping Dad fix the sprinklers)



2 comments:

  1. haha... didn't JB used to hate dairy? I feel like you had to give up dairy for a while, right? So sweet of him to decide after all of that that he does in fact like dairy. : )

    Will he just not say mama or hasn't said it yet? Man, if that boys already calling the dog, I'd make him go to sleep to "mama" on repeat at night. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the I hate vegetables club!

    ReplyDelete