Sunday night, our neighbors had a little get together to watch the final round. These were all the same people that had just come to our house on Saturday night to meet my family and enjoy some of James' smoked pork. Our get togethers are fun (and obviously frequent). I try not to take for granted how lucky we are to have so many great families on our end of the street. Having grown up in the country, I never realized how fun it is to actually walk over to a neighbors' house for dinner.
The little guy was looking especially dapper in his argyle sweater suit, argyle shoes, and golf hat. (No, they didn't really all match, but I just threw on anything and everything that was relatively "Masters-ish" for the party. He can get away with this at 6 months old.)
JB has two new friends on the street: Baby Clementine and Baby Mac. Mac will be joining JB and Nanny Y for a few days each week, and I look forward to watching these boys play! Well, once Mac grows a bit - he's just a 5 week old little guy right now, and can't defend himself well against JB's smacks friendly pats.
It wasn't just the adult and baby neighbors that had fun - the dogs got in some playtime, too! Enda had a great time chasing her labradoodle friends, Tina Turner and Peter Frampton, plus her pal Clyde, who's part of her 'pack' at Doggie Daycare.
Poor Banks did not enjoy all the action, but was always up for a good head scratch from one of the humans.
In the spirit of the Master tournament, we had pimento cheese sandwiches, a low country boil, and a pound cake. Very Southern, and very delicious.
It was great to see another good Southerner - Bubba Watson - win his second Masters. He's had my loyalty since winning in 2012 and blubbering on the course about his new baby son that joined their family via adoption the week before. It was enough to choke up just about anyone who's struggled to expand their family - well, or just anyone who has a soul. So touching, and I'm tearing up here just thinking about it...
You really can't ask for a better way to round out an already fabulous weekend. Life is good, my friends. :)

















I want your neighbors! I'm tired of living on an antisocial block!
ReplyDeleteLove Bubba, love the Masters, love your menu and neighbors...basically, let me know when there's a house for sale on your street. I'm coming!
ReplyDelete