Thursday, April 24, 2014

TBT and Thirty Weeks Old

I am no longer one of those people who refers to their baby's age in weeks (you're welcome).  Once we got past 12 weeks, it just seemed much easier to talk in terms of months.  However, one of my (many) parenting/baby emails that I get still refers to JB in terms of weeks.  And, for the record, he's 30 weeks old.

When the little guy was 30 weeks gestational age, we had 3-D pictures taken. And then I never did anything with them because 1) that was also the day I was put into the hospital with some wicked contractions, and 2) my CD drive broke on my Mac.  Then came the "restricted activity/modified bed rest", then the baby, then no time to get the computer fixed, blah blah blah, nothing happened with the photos.

Until today!  I have them downloaded, it's Throw Back Thursday, we have this cool "30" connection going on - time to break out these bad boys.  Fortunately everyone has a good sense for what he looks like outside the womb, since I plaster his picture all over this blog (can't help myself, he's too darn cute.)

Can you see the resemblance?








I have not spent much time looking at these since we had them done, and it's crazy to see some of his teeny tiny features appearing on these pictures en utero - 2 months before we ever saw him in person.  The whole 3-D picture process was definitely fun and worth it (although it took us two tries, since the first day JB rolled himself into a ball for a full 20 minutes.).  However, at the time, we looked at these pictures and thought, "wow…he looks like…an alien…"  :)  

Now looking back, I see my little guy!  Very cool.

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! And how cool that you can recognize his features... I definitely never understand ultrasounds, 3-D or otherwise. Is that a lip, toe, elbow?

    And yeah, parents who count their kids life in week/months after 16ish weeks/18 months... weirdos. I have a mom in my Sunday school room who STILL refers to her kid in months... she turned THREE in the fall! Geez, I don't want to do math just to find out your kid is three and a half years old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amanda above - the months thing gets me more than weeks. If they're over two, just say years!! I think those 3D pictures are so cool. My friend had those done and I showed them to my dad and he totally thought it was a picture of a baby already born - that's how realistic they looked. So cool! And neat that you can see his features too!

    ReplyDelete