Anyway, I think we're fiiiiiinally reaching a point where we can grab our flip flops, put up our heavy coats, and plant some warm weather blooms. Here are a few signs that Spring is on its way (beyond just the wonderful 75 degree temps today).
First, we managed to hit up the park without a jacket this weekend. A hat was required to block the cool breeze (last weekend of March folks, really?), but JB had a blast in the swing and I'm so glad he's big enough/it's warm enough that we can finally enjoy our little neighborhood park!!
| I love this little bub. |
Second, we've upped our preparations for the yellow pollen that infiltrates every inch of Altanta in the Spring. After spending waaaaaaay too much time last year cleaning, we decided to give our screened-in porch a fighting chance by putting up plastic. It may look a little trashy for the next month, but here's hoping we can block out all that evil. (Sidenote: I've nearly got the screened-in porch fully decorated - reveal post coming soon!)
| We're ready for you, pollen! |
And, third sign of Spring - our cherry tree is in full bloom! This type blooms a little later than some of the other cherries on the block, but, once it gets going, it's so lovely.
So, yea for Spring!! Let's hope we survive all the pollen while taking full advantage of this beautiful Georgia weather. It won't be too long before we're complaining about the heat, I'm sure of it. :)
















the plastic is smart, plain and simple. I can't wait to see the porch cause I still haven't seen in person!
ReplyDeleteand I can't wait till next Spring so JB and Reagan can run around the park together.