Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It's A... :)

I'm so excited about this post that I can hardly contain myself - it's time to reveal that our little Sassy Baby is a....


Sassy Baby's Gender Reveal! from Jennie Sasser on Vimeo.

Yea!!  I've watched it a few times already (and of course already know the surprise when the video starts), but it still makes me smile and laugh and cry each time.

A few behind-the-scenes secrets of the pictures and videos:

Reveal #1 (James):  For full disclosure, I actually knew the baby's gender for a full week prior to James, who was at Auburn that week.  I went in to my perinatalogist's office expecting a discussion, and was surprised with a full anatomy scan that resulted in a "would you like to find out the gender WITHOUT YOUR HUSBAND HERE" dilemma.    Now, of course I said "YES" because, well, how could I not!?  Before you think I should get the Worst Wife of the Year award, please know that James is not mad at me and was super excited about the fun reveal I had planned for him the second I saw him.

Reveal #2 (Mom/Ms. Leron & Aunt Wyllene): These two have been asking us since 8 weeks if we knew the gender, so when we finally surprised them with the news on Mother's Day it was quite exciting.  As you hear in the video, the devout Christian ladies had made a bet - yes, a bet! - that resulted in the loser having to buy the other a cross pendant.  One that I'm sure will be very special to Ms. Leron, who will always remember how she acquired it.

Reveal #3 (The Kerr Family): Keeping this a secret from the entire Kerr family for so long is still one of the greatest feats we've accomplished as a couple to date.  Especially as the entire weekend we had to lie about it over and over again.  But finally, during the annual Kerr Crawfish Boil, we gathered all the immediate fam in the driveway for a big reveal using blue silly string.   What a special moment!  I think the funniest part of the entire video is my Mother's reaction:  she actually did not figure out the gender until a few minutes in.  She was that excited about either gender that she didn't take the time to figure out the color!  (Also, a huge THANK YOU to our cousin, Katelyn, for taking these pictures for us.  They are even more fantastic than I had expected, and I am so happy we have the expressions and excitement captured so beautifully!)


So, I guess this is the fourth reveal - now you're in the know!  We will be blessed with a little BOY in the fall!!!

14 comments:

  1. Ahhh I love this!!! Of course I am biased, but I think baby boys are just the greatest :) So happy for you all and your sweet, healthy little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YAY!! Congrats! So excited for you both! Mommyhood is the BEST. Now Reagan can have a little boyfriend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 - YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Little boys are so stinkin' sweet.

    2 - Good thing I work from home so nobody can see my crying right now! (c:

    3 - I just realized I never emailed you back. Friend FAIL! Sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you are making me cry!!! That was SO sweet...particularly love the silly string, but I'd be pissed to get it all over me like that. ;) You must already be prepping for boy messiness!! So happy for yall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you both! It is pure Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Little boys are the best! And they sure do love their mama! They love their daddy, too, but definitely hold a special place in their heart just for mom. You look fantastic, by the way--you wear pregnancy well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness gracious, I'm in tears. Congrats Jennie! I couldn't be happier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just cried like a baby! I know how long you have been waiting for this and I could not be more excited for you and James! Y'all are going to be wonderful parents to this little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness!! I loved the silly string reveal, so cute!! SO so happy for you!!! Baby boys are the best!!! Congrats! Can't wait to hear the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alright - well, that just made me cry. I'm so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful video. So happy for you and James!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are just the cutest thing EVER! Love you so much and so happy for you and James! Can't wait to meet the little one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FYI... this is Sapna. Ha! I shows as Unknown.

      Delete
  13. Your son will steal your heart! Thrilled for y'all!

    ReplyDelete