James has completed his Executive MBA from Auburn and GRADUATED on Friday!
This has been a very long and grueling two years for him (balancing both school and a very busy life), and graduation is truly a milestone and testament to all of his hard work.
For those of us who were lucky enough to complete graduate school as full-time students, we had to balance classwork with happy hour. Seriously, I devoted just as much time to figuring out where I was going later that afternoon with my cohorts to my Quantitative Analysis casework. My part-time internship allowed me to get to El Arroyo on 5th Street in time for $1 margaritas, which was of equal priority to everything else I had going on.
James completed this MBA while maintaining a very challenging career that still had him working around the clock in various cities each week. While some consultants use plane time for nap time, James had out his Econ book to finish up his homework. Vacation days were used for his Auburn residencies each semester, and weekends were devoted to finishing up lectures and papers. Let's not forget, he also still had to deal with me on a daily basis, and I'm not the easiest person to be married to.... :) Oh, and in the middle of all the other stuff he had going on, he decided to leave his firm to go out on his own, starting his own small business back in December. That means the last 6 months he has been finishing up one accomplishment in his life while simultaneously starting on another.
So, you can see why I am ridiculously proud of my husband right now.
This past Friday night was a fantastic evening to celebrate down in Auburn, Alabama. The EMBA and PMBA (Physician's MBA program) hosted a lovely dinner and presentation, followed by the graduates walking across the stage in their caps and gowns.
We were excited that Mom/Ms. Leron and Aunt Wyllene could join us for the festivities, as I know they are proud of this graduate, too!
And I was (well, and obviously still am) so, so, SO proud of this guy. Congratulations on this most recent achievement - love you, babe!














YAY!!! That's awesome! Congratulations to James AND to you! I can vouch that being married to a grad student isn't always the easiest life either, so congrats to you both!
ReplyDeleteWhat an accomplishment!! Congrats, James! And Jennie- you look GORG in that photo- hair, makeup, WHOA! :)
ReplyDelete