Hopefully no one has been worried about us, as I was very upfront and honest that this week would be slow on the ole blog. My week in New York was SO FABULOUS, just as I had anticipated. Although I didn't do a formal tally, I suspect there was representation from at least 20 countries in our meeting. I mean, my team of 13 people has folks from 7 different countries. I absolutely love it. Not only seeing and interacting with all the different cultures, but also eating all the goodies people bring. Y'all, there is some really good candy out there that we don't even know about here in the US.
Plus, it was a chance to meet people (face to face) I've only spoken to on the phone a half a million times. You can't underestimate that. Lots of hugs, kisses (one cheek with the Latinos, two cheeks with the Europeans), and "you are not what I had expected!" Oh, and lots of working...we did get stuff accomplished, but I will always believe our greatest achievement this week was the F2F interaction. I just love all our people!
One night for dinner, we somehow arranged a double decker bus to take us from the hotel to our dinner at Lincoln Center. As someone who spends a lot of time in the City for work, I forget how flipping cool it is just to admire the city as a tourist. I had my iPhone out just like all the other non-New Yorkers, capturing all I could. Thought I would close out today with a few of my faves. Hope you enjoy!
Friday, May 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















What fun! I've never been to NYC. I think we should go together and you can be my tour guide!
ReplyDelete