Thursday, August 30, 2012

Labor Day Bound!

Where in the world is this year going!?  Does anyone else feel like 2012 is moving at warped speed?  Here we are to September, about to kick off the "Fall" with yet another fun-filled Labor Day Weekend.  (I put Fall in quotes because it's really hard to convince yourself it's Fall when the temps are still flirting with 100 degrees into September.  Ah, love the South.)

If you've followed our Sasser blog for a while, you know that Labor Day Weekend is a very important one for both of our families.  For the past 5 years, we've either spent them in the oil fields of West Texas or the beaches of the Gulf Coast barrier islands.  Quite the different scenery, but one thing in common: great crowd!

I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures and stories from 2012 that I'll share in next week's posting.  For now, I'll take us on a trip down memory lane (since that was so fun to do for Memorial Days!).  I only have blog posts from 2010 and 2011, but I was able to dig out some good photos from the past Labor Days.

Oh, and since I love some self-depricating humor, I'd like to share with you some of my own observations on how dang classy I am in these pictures.  Really, I am a ROLE MODEL for women everywhere.


2011 - TEXAS
A recap of all our shenanigans with the Kerrs: click here


CLASSY = popping the collar of your camo shirt.  


2010 - FLORIDA
Lots of fun with the Sassers and friends.  I had just landed from Japan that Friday, and was about to take off for Madrid that next Tuesday.  If I look half dead in these pics, I was!  If you think I'm looking gorgeous, it's a true testament to Smashbox's high def concealer... (click here for the post!)


CLASSY = rocking the side sweep!


2009 - TEXAS
Pre-blog days, but I remember this being quite the stressful trip.  We were T-30 days from the wedding, and back in Texas for last minute preparations.  My family left us in Waco to run errands while they went to West Texas.  After I had a complete melt down over something very important probably trivial, James announced "put your bag in the car, we're driving out to Abilene!"  Sometimes a girl just needs her mama.  Throwing in a few more pictures here:







CLASSY = Maintaining your posture on an ATV


2008 - FLORIDA
Okay, I don't think I have anything other than this photo from that year!!  It was my first Virgo Party experience, and occurred right after I broke my camera (while dancing in Mexico - whoops!)  One memory of this party included the fact that there was a real chef preparing the meal.  I spent the party in the kitchen with him, trying to pick up techniques.


CLASSY = (well, I'm really on my best behavior in this one and not doing anything questionable.  I was meeting all the family, you know!**)


2007 - TEXAS
Ah, James' first introduction to the Kerr's Labor Day tradition:  opening dove season weekend out in West Texas.   Everyone loved him!  (I think they were glad I wasn't bringing home some East Coast liberal elitist who didn't know how to hold a gun.)

Don't Mess with Texas Mamas!

CLASSY = baring your midriff while holding a gun, sitting on your new boyfriend's lap.  
Particularly special.


Hope you enjoyed a little blasts from the past!  And, ladies, I hope you learned some valuable tips on how to keep it classy.   :)


(**Post-posting update: Mother identified something slightly "suspicious" in the picture, but I'll refrain from commenting because I think it's a fluke, wink wink....)   

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh this is hilarious!! Now, with that frog catch from 2009...was that intentional? Were yall frog giggin or did it just get on your fishing line? I'm impressed with the amount of camo in your wardrobe...I feel like mine is seriously lacking now. :)

    ReplyDelete