Friday, August 17, 2012

You've Been Sass'd, 2.0

As you can probably tell (if you have perused through already), the Sasser blog has received a nice little facelift!  Brighter colors, new pictures, new format!  I absolutely love it.  James says he does, too.  Either the boy has finally come to realize that a little bit of color and pizazz never hurt anyone, or that this blog is 99% my perspective so feminine touches on the site don't necessarily represent him.  :)

"You've Been Sass'd 2.0" also includes some navigation tabs with way more information than you ever wanted to know about the Sassers.  Part of adding in those tabs was twofold:  1) I love to stalk other people's blogs, and enjoy getting some background information about the total strangers new people I'm reading about.  And, 2) as the blog holds more and more content, tabs allow me to pull together information in a more organized fashion.  Online sorting - I adore it.

All tabs but one have been completed at this point:  Favorites.  I believe I will try to organize some posts of our favorite things on that tab, but for now it's going to remain blank because I've just not got the energy for any more blogging!  Maybe next week....

I went back and forth about the "Little Sassers" tab....obviously we still don't have little ones yet to fill up a tab; however, we firmly remain hopeful that we will need that tab at some point! For now, it contains a little info about our bumpy road to parenthood, with some thoughts for friends going through the same thing.  (Plus, it's a small - like, $5 - change fee with the blog designer to make those updates, and y'all know I'll go to any lengths to avoid spending money.)

There is also a "You've Been Sass'd" blog button that came with my pre-made design. I have no idea how to use that so someone will have to inform me.

Lastly, buttons that link to all my other online outlets, so folks can just follow me everywhere!  (I find it hard to look at those buttons without feeling a certain degree of narcissism...ha.)  I will admit that I am very new to Twitter, so don't follow and expect hourly enlightenments.  If you like twitter friends who rarely tweet, then I'm the gal for you!!  (A.E. - I know, I know, I'm supposed to be getting more Twitter savvy.  Our next phone date is reserved for a tutorial!)

Hope y'all enjoy the new look as much as we do!

4 comments:

  1. Love the new layout! I have no idea what the little picture thing is for, though. Sorry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Very exciting. Can't wait to follow it on twitter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennie,

    I love the new blog layout and colors!

    Leena (friend of James)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout too. I think that button is to send to other sites as a link or ad. You'd give them that embed code and they'd put in their "blogs I love" or "sponsors" column of their website.

    ReplyDelete