Thursday, April 13, 2017

Even More Easter Egg Hunt(s)

This Easter has been full of fun!  Last year we packed up during March and then moved Easter weekend.  I felt we missed a lot of the mental focus, preparation and enjoyment of the season.  So I'm glad this year is full of Easter activities, church services, and the preparation for an Easter Sunday with our extended family here in Middle Georgia.

Yesterday JB had not one, but two Easter Egg hunts. First, his school party and Easter hunt.  I couldn't help but smile when his teacher sent me this picture.  Oh my sweet boy!


Our church hosted an Easter Egg hunt last night, providing another opportunity for fun (and wearing our coordinated Easter shirts!)  I asked the kids for a cute pic and got tongues out and Maryn showing some skin....




The younger children gathered in the courtyard for their hunt, and my munchkins listened well and lined up to wait.  Such cuties at our church.



Then they were off!  JB is now a pro and took off towards the center to gather as many eggs as he could.  


Miss M took two steps, spotted the Easter Bunny across the path, and had a total breakdown.  She climbed up my body and refused to unbury her sweet face the entire hunt. (Now, she has not seen an Easter Bunny since last year when she was a mere 5 months, so it's not like there is a history there!  I don't know why she was so frightened!!!)  



After the hunt we got some quick pics with the Bunny (as this will be our only pics this year - no way I'm putting the sweet ginger child through the mall Bunny now!)  After small group JB came home and proceeded to open every single egg to show off his treasure. He's amassed a stockpile of candy this season and Mama is doing her part to keep him from eating all of it (usually by eating it herself). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment