JB attended a summer camp this past week at a small preschool here in town. Although it was for ages 3-5, she agreed to take our almost-3-year-old for the week. I felt so nervous about the age gap, but the teacher assured me today that he did great! She said he behaved very maturely, acted so sweet to her and others, and enjoyed himself. JB didn't cry one day at drop off, and in all the online pictures he is participating like such a big boy. I know he had a blast. He talked about Ms Amanda every night, too. They do have a preschool program for 3s and 4s, so we may have a difficult decision to make next year...
But, ahead of myself, back to THIS year. The camp focused on learning about beach fun and water creatures, with lots of art projects to go along with the topic.
 |
| I'm a sucker for hand print art |
JB made a book of ocean animals, and proceeded to tell me which ones were scary and which ones were "just a little bit scary". (Everything is scary - and all food is "spicy" - these days....)
I love JBs use of abstract color and lines in this one:
Or his minimalist approach to this dolphin:
 |
| joking, joking... |
They ended the week today at the Splash Pad, which is a very nice facility for our little town! As I anticipated, JB did not venture near the water and stayed very cautious and reserved while the other kids splashed and played.
 |
| checking out the scene |
 |
| venturing a toe in the water stream |
I thought Maryn might enjoy the water, but this one clung to me like a baby marsupial. She practically tore off my shirt when I tried to set her down on the concrete.
 |
| "not happening, Mama" |
I finally got her sitting down so she could people watch (one of her favorite activities). I can't say she enjoyed herself, but she didn't cry at least.
 |
| "do I look happy to you?" |
For lunch Ms Amanda brought the kids pizza and JB sucked down a Kool Aid Jammer like there is no tomorrow.
 |
| SUGAR!!!!!! |
So thankful to Ms Amanda and the others for making JB's first summer camp such a success!! (I'm kicking myself that I didn't get a picture of the two of them, except for behind when she sweetly walked him around the sprinklers.)
Until next summer…
 |
| sweet boy |
No comments:
Post a Comment