Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A Few Last Paris Pictures

Since I've been home, relishing in the hugs, kisses, and clingy-ness (I don't mind!) of my babies, I haven't done my final upload of pictures from the Paris trip.  Definitely a few once-in-a-lifetime experiences I can't forget!

The Eiffel Tower was as impressive and beautiful as I remember - this happens to be a twice-in-a-lifetime for me, although I've never gone to the top (maybe next trip)?

2016
2011
I forgot how large it stands over Paris.  You can't help but walk with your eyes up to the sky.  Which is a good thing because it allow you to miss all the barricades, security, machine guns, and checkpoints that now surround it.  I guess it's the world we live in, sadly...



My colleague and I signed up for a dinner cruise down the Seine for our final, Friday night adventure. As we walked/pedicabbed to the river, we did a little shopping and exploring, picking up souvenirs for the kiddos (and the caretakers who loved on the kiddos while away!)  







This specific dinner boat cruise has high ratings on TripAdvisor for a reason.  Small, lovely boat, excellent service, tasty food, reasonable prices.  They have the tour planned beautifully, hitting so many famous Parisian landmarks at the perfect time - sunset behind Notre Dame, dusk around the Louvre, circling the Eiffel Tower at the top of the hour to witness the sparkles.  Takes your breath away.






We disembarked a few hours later and emptied into a vibrant nightlight on the streets of Paris. They don't call it the city of lights for nothing!  One final Rose in one final cafe,  and I said goodbye to Paris.  Until next time!! 



(Did I ever post my pics from the 2011 trip? I don't think so!  Somehow I didn't post nearly as much when I had 450% more time in my day...  See album below.)

Paris - April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment