Things seem to be progressing well with the sale of our home. We are currently under contract with at least one back-off offer, and I hear that's the best place to be. Inspection is done and appraisal is underway - so we're working through all the things that can go wrong and sink a sale (based on my limited real estate knowledge). We'll sign a lease on a rental home up the street (fingers crossed, this week), so at least the transition will not be as big. We're not ready to give up our neighborhood and neighbors!!
The pictures for the listing came out beautifully, and I wanted to share them here. Not only for our blog readers, but also for us. I always regret that I don't take pictures of my past abodes, because I realize you quickly lose memory of just how things looked. Not with this house - we have professional documentation!
(Note: this is not really how things look all the time. Definitely staged, and the rooms are missing the abundance of picture frames, clutter, and baby/dog items that are normally all around. Also, some photos cut off a lot of the other furniture or other wall space, so it's not nearly as bare as it looks! )
 |
| Front Porch |
 |
Front Yard (it's fake - highly recommend turf, if you hate lawn care like me)
|
 |
| Main Level |
 |
| Front Entry and Informal TV Room |
 |
| Formal Living Room |
 |
| Formal Living Room - looks so good with a Christmas tree! |
 |
| Dining Room |
 |
| Kitchen |
 |
| Kitchen (gonna miss that stove! And built in wine fridge!) |
 |
| JB's Room |
 |
| JB's Bathroom/Hall Bathroom |
 |
| Master Bedroom |
 |
| Master Bath |
 |
| My attic office |
 |
| Downstairs / Terrace Level |
 |
| Downstairs playroom (JB's toys are stacked against the unphotographed wall) |
 |
| Laundry Room - makes you actually enjoy the chore |
 |
| Guest Room |
 |
| Workout Room (the TV and my Jane Fonda videos on opposite wall) |
 |
| Screened Porch |
 |
| The BACKYARD |
 |
| Patio |
Such a beautiful home, filled with so many beautiful memories for our family. I am sure going to miss her, but grateful that we got to spend 4 out of her 86 years within her grey walls. (And I hope that the next family keeps her intact. If I see bull dozers over here after closing, I will come barricade myself to the white front pergola!!)
Ugh, I just LOVE your house!!!! I hope the new people treat her well!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful home! Can't wait to see what the next one looks like :)
ReplyDeleteOn to bigger and better things in your future! So glad that we made it to Georgia twice to spend time at this wonderful house! Happy Packing! ~ Shawntel
ReplyDeleteAhhhhh! I forgot how much I love your home! The photographer did a great job, but so much of that is YOU! And JB's room... I'm SO sad to see that go! Can you just redo the room?!?! Breaks my heart!
ReplyDeleteI hope your new space is fabulous and quickly fills like home! Good luck on the closing!
So beautiful!!!! Good luck on the closing!
ReplyDelete