I just realized that 20 months mean we're already in the 20s, which means we're close to 24 months, which means WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!? I'm not ready to say 2 years old! Let's hope these next 4 months don't fly by as quickly as the last ones.
This kid…and he's definitely acting more kid than baby these days. Everything is an adventure to JB - something to climb, something to explore, something to turn on/off, something to take apart. He doesn't ever stop moving, and now runs instead of walks. He asks to water the plants every day, which is just his excuse to drench himself (and others) with the water hose. He could live at the park, among all his piles of sticks. He's become fascinated with trucks, and asks to read the "Let's Talk about Trucks" book multiple times a day. We always have to stop and look at real life trucks on our street.
He's also more and more independent every day. JB doesn't particularly like you to do things for him lately (feed him, brush his teeth, wash his hands, etc), and I'm finding that - when I let him - he can actually do these things by himself. He's really getting good with the fork. We're practicing with an open cup, and he handles it so well! (Until he turns it over and plays in the spilled milk - but that's another issue). He really wants to put on his own shoes, so I'm hoping his new pair of Crocs will help him be successful (he tries so hard.)
This kid…and he's definitely acting more kid than baby these days. Everything is an adventure to JB - something to climb, something to explore, something to turn on/off, something to take apart. He doesn't ever stop moving, and now runs instead of walks. He asks to water the plants every day, which is just his excuse to drench himself (and others) with the water hose. He could live at the park, among all his piles of sticks. He's become fascinated with trucks, and asks to read the "Let's Talk about Trucks" book multiple times a day. We always have to stop and look at real life trucks on our street.
He's also more and more independent every day. JB doesn't particularly like you to do things for him lately (feed him, brush his teeth, wash his hands, etc), and I'm finding that - when I let him - he can actually do these things by himself. He's really getting good with the fork. We're practicing with an open cup, and he handles it so well! (Until he turns it over and plays in the spilled milk - but that's another issue). He really wants to put on his own shoes, so I'm hoping his new pair of Crocs will help him be successful (he tries so hard.)
At 20 months, JB absolutely loves:
- For you to smell his feet and say they're stinky
- Picking his nose (and other peoples' noses)
- Taking your hand to lead you wherever he wants to go
- WATER. The water hose, the sprinkler, the dog bowl, etc
- SHOES. His shoes, your shoes, other people's shoes. (At the Chick-Fila playground the other day, he kept grabbing kids' shoes from the bin and running off!)
- Giving ferocious kisses on the mouth
- Rocking and cuddling at night
- Tom's toddler toothpaste
- It's time to go inside
- He's confined, held down, or contained (in a high chair, car seat, your lap, etc)
- He doesn't get his way
Such a busy, busy little boy! JB, you are so much fun right now! But when you do calm down, you give the best cuddles, hugs, and kisses. LOVE
















Can't wait to see him (and y'all) in a few weeks at the beach!
ReplyDeleteLook how fierce he is with that hose!!! What a cutie!!!
ReplyDelete"Giving ferocious kisses on the mouth"- if this is what I have to look forward to, I guess the toddler years will be all right. I'm good if we skip the stinky feet though. ; )
ReplyDelete