Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Fives - Family Edition

It's FRIDAY!  Normally I use Fridays to piece together a random blog post of five things going on, but has anyone noticed I've posted nearly daily this week!?  So much going on, so much to catch up on each day - and this weekend and next week will bring even more.

But since I love a good theme…here are five family members that are special to us this Friday.

1) Mother/Grammy - She has spent the entire week with us, and we had such a great time.  I was supposed to be traveling again this week, but my trip cancelled last minute and it meant some much needed mother/daughter time.   She got to hang out with JB and Nanny Y during the day, and then we got into all sorts of trouble (i.e. shoe shopping, JB shopping, fabric shopping) in the afternoons/evenings.  She cooked, cleaned, watched JB.  So blessed that she could travel in from Texas (and equally blessed that our Gia is here in Atlanta to help out so much, too.)  Can we get some live-in grandmas every week?




2) Chris and Nicole - Now that Mother left this morning, we are shifting gears to focus on two other family members.  (Good thing, so I don't get too sad.)  James' brother marries his love this weekend, and we are so excited!!  JB has his tux all hemmed and ironed (and alternations for Mama's dress are supposed to be done by 4PM on Saturday…yep…little anxiety around that one…)  We'll get to see family that we haven't seen in a long time, and I'll meet some of James' relatives I've never met.  And, at the end of the day, we gain a new Sassy lady to our family.  :)



3, and 4, 5, 6, 7) The Pivaceks! - Okay, this doesn't exactly work for Friday Fives, but one of our favorite families arrives today and there are 5 of them.  James' cousin, Kim, and her crew will stay with us this weekend for the wedding, and it will be the first time we're all together since May of last year.  TOO LONG.     
Cousin Kim, Aunt Candy, and…omg, BABY JB?!
(Well, technically we saw them at Christmas for a few hours, but that wasn't long enough for us. We had gotten spoiled with quarterly, or at least semi-annual, trips with these guys, and we miss that.)

This weekend is going to rock.  We cannot wait.  




No comments:

Post a Comment