Friday, April 24, 2015

Bumpdate - 20 Weeks with Baby Girl

How Far Along: 20 weeks
Total Weight Gain (so far): 12 lbs (that's 7 lbs in one month, folks!  I'm not messing around…)




Sleeping: Pretty good, now that I broke out the body pillow.  (That means 2 humans, 1 dog child, sometimes a cat, and 1 body pillow in our Queen-sized bed…)
Eating: A lot of food, in general. I'm hungry all the time, and love to eat. Less veggies than normal, more meat than usual. So thirsty, all the time, and drink gallons and gallons of water.
Craving: Sweeeeeeeeeets.  I cannot get enough sugar in my body.  Cookies, ice cream, candy (fruit if I'm desperate for a sweet taste). YUM!!!!
Wearing: Totally maternity now.  So comfy.  Why do normal clothes need zippers and buttons?
Feeling: Great!  Just really worn out by the end of the day due to lots of work travel, plus a busy, busy, busy 18 month old boy.
Loving: Little baby kicks!!  I am feeling them super low and a little faint, but it's definitely her.  (Started around 17 weeks, although I didn't feel her every day until week 19.)  James should be able to feel her soon.
Missing: Cold lunch meat (microwaved deli turkey is terrible). Wine - especially since I'm in NYC so much right now.  It's a shame to be in a nice restaurant and not enjoy their extensive wine list.
Dealing With: ITCHY SKIN.  All over, all the time, and sometimes it leads to full blown hives.  I'm now on Zyrtec every day and it's helping.  (Doctor says this is "hormones".  They blame everything on that, don't they?)

Sweet Baby Girl
Best Moment(s) of the Month: Feeling her kick, and then seeing her kick on the screen during our anatomy scan.  The very best was confirming everything looked "perfect" during the scan yesterday.  We loved watching her for a good 20 minutes, and hearing the sonographer confirm she saw legs, arms, 4 chambers of a heart, proper brain growth, lips, working kidneys, etc etc.
Worse Moment of the Month: Constantly seeing Listeria recalls for things I've been eating every day (Sabra hummus, Blue Bell, etc).  Cue freak out!
Looking Forward To: Figuring out how we're going to accommodate our growing family in our current home.  I'm getting into nesting mode a little early this time, and I'm organizing, planning and thinking through every (and I mean every) option.

WE ARE HALFWAY THERE!!  

Previous Bumpdates:


3 comments:

  1. You look so good, and I really think baby girl looks like big brother in that profile shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gorgeous!!! And yeah, what is up with all the listeria recalls on pregnancy staples?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing!!! I'll be very interested to know what solution you come up with for space in the house! Lose guest room? Office? Craft room? Gamble with your life and put them in the same room?

    ReplyDelete