Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekend Highlights, by Family Member

Everyone in the family agrees - it was a fantastic weekend! The weather was (finally) gorgeous and we took advantage of it with long family walks, parks, and outdoor yard work.  We got to see lots of family and eat lots of good food. James and I had a date night. JB was in a particularly pleasant mood. What more could you want?!

I polled the family and came up with everyone's top moment of the weekend.

JB - French Toast
JB discovered French toast this weekend, and it pretty much rocked his world.  I can barely get the kid to eat a lot of anything (even things he likes), but JB devoured an entire plate of French toast on Saturday morning.  We went to a little dive restaurant, R Thomas, that makes everything from scratch except for their bread (which is made fresh daily at Holman and Finch).  H&F makes some darn good challah bread, which made some excellent French toast. Not that I got much of a bite, as JB would not share.

Holla for Challah!
Jennie - WICKED.  I already assumed this would be the highlight of my weekend (not realizing how much competition it would have from the weather and all the family time), and Wicked at the Fox did not disappoint.  I loved the storyline (which I was really not aware of before, despite knowing the music), and the cast and crew were amazing.  The woman who played Elphaba had one of the most powerful voices I have ever heard live.  Defying Gravity gave me goosebumps.

the Fabulous Fox
The Land of Oz
James - Dining Al Fresco.  Per usual, we had a small crowd on Sunday night for dinner. It's pretty much a given that the neighbors will dine together one or more meals over the weekend.  Because of the weather, James got to smoke a bunch of meat AND serve outside.  PLUS, I agreed to use paper plates, which gives my husband a whole lotta satisfaction.  (He is the dishwasher in our household, and would use paper products daily if I would agree.)  I rounded out the meat with loaded cauliflower casserole, asian slaw, and someone else brought macaroni salad.  Girl scout cookies for dessert.  A winning dinner.


Sharing is Caring
JB now recognizes a box of girl scout cookies, and completely loses his mind when you open them up.  He smiles, cheers, dances a bit - my attempts at producing a child that prefers veggies over sweets is a big time fail.  :)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment