Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Celebrate Good Times

Last weekend involved a lot of celebrating.  The gorgeous weather meant lots of happy folks in Georgia, plus we had visitors arrive from Texas (YEA!)  I always love it when my parents are in town, and they're spending the entire week with us.  Then there were a few structured celebrations - a wedding shower for my future sister-in-law, and a birthday party for yours truly.  Good times.

The shower was beautiful, hosted by her family friends.  The food was delicious as well, and I didn't feel guilty about going back one or two (or three) times.  Deviled eggs and pimento cheeses sandwiches are some of my favorite things.



My mother-in-Law, Ms. Leron, looked lovely, as did all her friends.  This was a fun group of ladies to sit with at the shower.


And the bride-to-be also looked stunning!  I can't wait to see her in her wedding dress next May.  




My birthday was a lot of the same folks, plus my parents who had arrived by that time.  James, with my  Dad's help, fried some Georgia shrimp, and the sisters made a special cake at my request: Angel Food with 7-Minute Icing. (This was the cake my Mimi made for me every year as a child, so it brought back delicious memories.)  





Everyone spoiled me with sweet gifts - more accent plates for my china set; a set of wind chimes from Austin that both I (and JB) love; a custom made pillow; gift card to my favorite boutique; and a new work/travel bag from my sweet hubby (who did good, ladies).






The most special part of the night was the gift we gave to our family - the news of Baby #2's gender!!  We had found out at 12 weeks with some advanced maternal testing (due to my nearing "advanced" age, plus a not-so-good history), but we managed to keep it quiet for three weeks.  So the last present revealed the good news.  A LITTLE SISTER!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, yay for a baby girl!!!! Having one of each is pretty great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will ignore that we weren't invited for what looks like delicious shrimp and yay! for a girl!

    I am doing that testing next time. Will be my perk for being way over 35 and pregnant!

    ReplyDelete