And then pictures. Oh my goodness. I just love to see her sweet smile with her Daddy. She practically floated to the car to leave for the dance.
But then....the dance...girlfriend did not enjoy that part of the whole event. She gets a little overwhelmed with lights, loud noises, and crowds. After seeing 400 little girls flood the dancefloor when the doors opened, she immediately decided that she had enough and cried to go home. (They had carpooled with her little bestie, Libby, who could have danced all night!)
I hope this is not her last Daddy Daughter Dance, but - if it is - we'll still celebrate these two's sweet relationship with a Daddy Daughter Date next year.
Also, a funny side story. JB came home on the day of the dance and informed me that MC (his nickname for his friend, Mary Catherine) would be attending the dance. He slipped his Daddy a sheet of paper and asked him to give it to her.
Now, remember, there were 800 people at this dance and James did not know this child or the father! I quickly texted MC's mom, who sent me a picture of her husband and MC before they left. I texted the pic to James, who - lo and behold - was standing behind them in line at the entry! What luck! So he gave her the note, from JB :) She told her Dad that JB tries to kiss her (omg...I hope that is not true.) Later that night I got this picture back from her mom. Our sweet little Romeo!













No comments:
Post a Comment