Monday, February 10, 2020

And now it's February!

This January went quickly, and (for me, at least) it didn't feel like the 74 day month that most Januarys feel like.  Even though we did a lot.  Best way to remember is a photo dump from my phone.

JB keeps losing teeth without his new ones coming in. It's a wonder he consumes as much food as he does!


Speaking of food, the boys are loooooooving our church's Wednesday night suppers lately. (Maryn is in a picky stage, and consisting of carrot sticks and ranch, fruit, toast, and treats that she sneaks.)



I mean, how can you go wrong with Southern cooking like this?



Maryn has put her make-up kit from Christmas to good use. We get a lot of good makeovers around here!



Just love this one of the two of them. We just turned my home office into a piano room with James' grandmother's baby grand, and I love the way it has turned out.  I hope we start to use it more, because it's too beautiful a room to waste.  We've actually made lots of home improvements this month, but I've failed to properly document!



Enda celebrated a birthday!!  She turned 8 years old.  Gone are the days when I would have made her sit through a photoshoot to document the year. The kids picked out a new toy for her, which is about all we did to celebrate. Sorry, first born furbaby....




Our sweet neighbors, Keerthi and Aditi, traveled to India for 6 weeks - and we missed them so much!!  The girls spend nearly every afternoon together, and they felt the absence more than anyone. The day she returned we surprised them with a Welcome Home sign.



And, this little guy, sporting his croc flip flops and socks.  I mean... :)



Maryn and I have a new Saturday afternoon routine (while the big boys are away at the land, doing whatever it is they do all day!)  First, she "rests" on the couch while I read (for a good 5 minutes, before she's just "sooooo bored" and needs me to pay her some attention). Then, we build puzzles and play games while eating popcorn. When in the world did she get this big?



I need to write more about the land, with some pictures.  It's really the highlight of JB's life right now.  He absolutely adores everything about the time with his Daddy!


One day this month, Maryn and I were "twinsies" (as she called us), in our matching black and pink. 


Wesley wanted in on the picture, too, even though he was not sporting magenta :)


P-Week the little ones enjoyed pizza, pancakes, and pajama day!  Is there anything more exciting than wearing pajamas to school??


I've been falling behind in my Sunday photos with the three coordinated kids.  I tried to capture one while we ate our pizza after church (our new routine since the kids threw one too many fits at the formal County Club), but this is the best I got!


Maryn got a pair of glitter pink Uggs that she wants to wear with everything. Pair it with this velour pink heart jacket from Walmart and her life is now complete.


The boys needed a haircut in December but just now got one at the end of January.  THANK GOODNESS!!!


One of our biggest "events" this January: we hosted a 50+ person fundraiser at our house for our dear friend Meg Greer Evans, who is running for Probate Judge in Laurens County.  I got ONE SINGLE PICTURE from the night, and didn't even capture our house (which was beautifully transformed leading up to this event!)   So proud of Meg!


I feel like I just blink and a week has gone by.  And now we're in mid-February!?  Slow down 2020, no need to rush through!

No comments:

Post a Comment