Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Grandparent's Day!

Our preschool hosted Grandparent's Day last week, for which the children have been practicing since January.  I've heard the songs over and over again - but not complaining, since all the kids nailed the performance and the grandparents (and parents) loved it.

Thankfully Gia came down and joined us!  I suspect we're one of the only families in our town that does not have multiple generations all living on the same street, and I had worried we could not work it all out where we'd have representation.  But we did!  The kids were so happy! 


After the short ceremony (filled with songs, bible verses, and one verse of Amazing Grace with handbells) the kids took Gia back to their rooms to show her what they had made for her. 




Truly a magical morning, and I know Gia had a wonderful time, too!  They stayed after the ceremony to feast on cheese straws, sandwich cookies and lemonade.  All while Gia heard from the teachers sweet things about her oldest grandchildren :)


We love you, Gia!!

----------------------------------------------

(And, fortunately, we are with Grammy and Gran Gran in Texas this week, so the kids are able to give a private performance of all the songs and give them their homemade gifts.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment