Monday, May 14, 2018

A Wonderful Mother's Day

Although nothing can ever be as special as my first Mother's day, each one becomes more and more fun as the kids understand holidays and make every effort to make me feel special.  JB woke up early wanting to serve me "peanut butter and jelly in bed" (James suggested they make something like eggs...and eat at the table...), and I had presents thrusted on me from the second I got my coffee.  Our church did a lovely job of honoring current mothers, future mothers, and all those women who serve in mothering roles for so many children.

One of my favorite things came from JB and Maryn: a survey about their Mom. According to JB, I am aging very well, and appreciated for making a living.   The fact Maryn loves me "because she wants to" says a lot about our spicy little red-head right now. :)




I am so thankful for these three beautiful children and that I've been trusted to love, guide and nurture them.  And thankful for James who's on this exciting parenting journey with me.  I'm grateful that he (and the kids) obliged me for some pictures.





And we can't forget about "silly pictures". It's one of my negotiation tactics with the bigger two. They know that after smiles they get to stick out their tongues.  



Once we got home from brunch I asked to recreate a throwback to last year's photos when Little Wesley was (nameless) in my belly, Maryn wore the same outfit but it came down to her ankles, and JB still had his baby face.

2017, for reference
At first Maryn wanted no part of it, which led to a little talking to.  (I love how the boys are not even paying attention to my stern talk with Maryn.  Let's just say it's fairly routine in our house these days...)


But then she complied and TA DA!!!  


My favorite picture of the day. Love, love, love these kiddos. So much.  Happy Mother's Day to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment