Sunday, May 1, 2016

Worth It!

On Friday I had a late meeting in NYC which meant a late flight, late drive, and 130am arrival at home.  And on Monday morning I have an early meeting in NJ, which means a drive back to the airport and flight on Sunday afternoon.  I went back and forth about coming home for a short 36 hours, but now - so glad I did.  Totally worth it to see these smiling faces.


Okay, I promise there were actually tons of smiles this weekend, it's just impossible to get them smiling at the same time for a picture!

Saturday started with the Farmer's Market, complete with large John Deere tractors.  JB wore one of his (many) tractor t-shirts because that is the only thing he will wear these days.  There were several large tractors and then one gigantic tractor.  Guess which one we spent the most time on? 





There were also tractor toys, but JB bored of these quickly with the real thing so close by!



There was also a Bark for Life event on Saturday in anticipation for next Friday's Relay for Life.  Again James' company is a sponsor, and his team is doing all sorts of great things to raise money for the cause.  They washed dogs, painted faces, and sold concessions. JB experienced his first face paint and his first bite of cotton candy.  The paw print a hit, the sugar not so much (crazy kid).



Enda was more than happy to try some of JB's treats.


The rest of the day we napped, cleaned house, washed clothes, unpacked/repacked, trimmed JB's hair, survived a busy Kroger, swung, and played. 



It was such a full Saturday that everyone slept in on Sunday (including Mama and Daddy, yea!) Lots of sweet memories to keep me company as I head back up to the northeast. Flight is now super delayed, and I am not even going to calculate how much more time I could have had with the kiddos, not even going to do it...

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with your travel schedule!! Glad Saturday was so much fun!! What are your childcare arrangements in your new town?

    ReplyDelete