Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Gotta Show Off Our Snow!

I'd be remiss if I didn't share pictures from Snowstorm Jonas.  Oh yes, we felt the affects all the way down here in Georgia, too!
 
massive amounts of accumulation
 
we were able to shovel out by Saturday
Since JB is fighting off an ear infection (yes, even after tubes!), and we were not that keen on getting outside in the frigid temps, we brought the snow inside to JB.  At first he was pretty excited about it.
 
.


.
Then he realized pretty quick it was cold on his hands and he was off to do something else.  We're raising a true Southerner here. 

Even with the thousands of flight cancellations and travel disruptions, I managed to make it out Sunday on my original flight from Atlanta to White Plains, NY.  I landed in a winter wonderland! Thankfully all of the blizzard like conditions had passed, and all I had to deal with were cleared roads and mounds of pretty snow.  And, fortunately, all my Northeastern Colleagues were safe and sound following the storm, and able to join me at the hotel on Monday for our meeting. 

Winter Wonderland
View from my Room
Thank goodness our workshop is at the conference room inside the hotel.  Not sure how much I would want** to venture outside!! 

(**Actually, I did have to venture outside today - to the White Plains urgent care.  I woke up with PINK EYE on the first day of our global design workshop!!  What terrible luck!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Boo to pink eye!! Glad you are not home to pass it on to your little ones though! Stay warm and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm glad yall were able to dig out in Atlanta!! ;) You should have even less snow to deal with after your move!!! (And boo to pink eye while on a trip!)

    ReplyDelete