First, the potty. (This was actually a pic from the night before, but the exact thing happened last night. And every night.) JB insists on sitting on the potty, which I happily obliged (even though he rarely goes.) He also insists on a book. Maryn also insists on being held around this time, so we all three read Goodnight Moon like this for at least 20 minutes.
Then, PJ time. JB has been insisting on socks AND shoes to go to bed. I explain we don't wear shoes to bed. This always results in some drama. Until we found these PJs! JB is so proud of his "shoes".
JB is also all about doing things himself. When he wants the task, he pats himself vigorously on the chest to indicate "I'll do it!" Last night it was the zipper on those PJs. Took a while, but he got them!
He also loves to read books on the quilt that his Aunt Shawntel (plus all our friends and family) made for him. And we can't forget to include Sissy on the quilt! He was adamant she join us.
When it came time to read books last night, JB thought we should each get one. And read silently to ourselves. If I tried to read, I was silenced immediatly. So we all three (Maryn included, who was given the prized Llama Llama book) sat with our books and read.
At the end of our reading, JB took a little lick of Maryn's paci. (GERMS!!!) I explained to JB that I had to wash it before she could have it again, and he jumped up, grabbed a hand towel, and started carefully wiping it off. I didn't have the heart to tell him it wasn't really clean after all that effort!


















He cracks me up with his bed shoes. : ) It looks like Maryn is being a good sport about all her brother's requests and needs. Good baby. : )
ReplyDelete