Actually, in all seriousness about Christmas priorities, our church hosted its annual service of Carols and Readings this morning. It was beautiful. James was insistent that we arrive early enough for a good seat, even threatening to turn around and go home if we had to move to overflow seating in the fellowship hall (which happened to us one time for the July 4th celebration 4 years ago and he has never forgotten…) Somehow, even with a toddler (and me, I can be pretty tardy), we made it with time to spare. The service served as a lovely reminder of where our focus should be this season.
(I will save all my pontificating about how to blend both the religious and secular parts of Christmas for another post - once I've got it all figured out. :) Believe me, it's something I think about a lot, especially now that I have a child!)
Back to the subject at hand. Two major accomplishments in the books for this season: SANTA and STOCKINGS.
I was pretty sure JB would adore Santa (teensy bit of sarcasm), but I was sadly mistaken/extremely amused by the visit.
At first glance...
...it was all over.
But, let's all admit that we totally prefer these pictures to the smiley ones, right?!
And, our stockings are done. It only took me two seasons (starting last year), but now every stitch, every bead and every sequin is finally on JB's.
![]() |


















Oh. My. Gosh... your stockings. I just can't. They do not look homemade at all (I mean that in a good way). Jennie, they are INCREDIBLE! You are so, so talented! JB is one lucky little man!
ReplyDeleteThose stockings are incredible!! But also good incentive to not get all Duggars-ish with your family planning...hahaha...don't nobody have time for 20 stockings! And that Santa pic!!!!
ReplyDelete