Mr. Grumpypants has kept us walking, bouncing, swaying, driving, strolling...basically moving the past few days. He also decided to stage a quick nursing strike, although I think he's crossed the picket line now and is back on board with breastfeeding. Mama is a bit traumatized, but comforted by the fact that the thousands of books I've read say this is all somewhat common. And that newborn fussiness is a phase (thank goodness!!)
During JB's fussy moments, I have developed a special appreciation for the Wubbanub. Not familiar? It's a Soothie paci attached to a little animal. It's genius. As you see, our child approves:
It's comforting after a doctor's visit at 3 days old...
When Mama insists on a bath, again...
And during that witching hour when a little bouncer vibration and vigorous sucking do wonders to calm a fussy baby...
And, yes, I was that person who was somewhat anti-paci. But it's a Wubbanub, so I am down with it. :)
Now, full disclosure, these are all older pics and prior to our fussy weekend. It was just too hard to snag a pic with all the movement! Plus, these are too cute not to share. We love our Mr. Grumpypants!
















Sorry to hear Mr. Grumpypants is giving you a rough time. : ( Hope JB settles into his routine and gives you an easier go of things this week!
ReplyDeleteHang in there...first couple months are really tough and I've yet to meet the parents that find it enjoyable. It does get better (for me it was the 8 - 10 week mark, both times). And then because of mother nature, you'll forget about how hard it was and possibly decide to have another one. :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute!
ReplyDeletehang in there Mom and Dad!!
ReplyDeleteIf we survived with Reagan, yall can too!!
We could all use a little wubbanub sometimes. ;)
ReplyDelete