But, back to all my craftiness, here is just a snapshot of what I was able to do:
Baby Hats
This little guy is coming in mid-October (or earlier, based on my doctor's thinking), which means he'll be arriving during the Georgia Fall. A beautiful time of year that can either be 85 degrees or 55 degrees. Regardless of temperatures, I had been pinning all of these little crocheted newborn hats for the last two years, and felt compelled to make a few for him. Seriously, I can't help myself, they are TOO PRECIOUS!!
(If anyone crochets, this woman - Repeat Crafter Me - has really great, easy, obviously cute, patterns. If you don't crochet, she also has great kid crafts that look pretty fun, plus some good crock pot recipes.)
Diaper Changing Pad
Again, blame it on Pinterest, but this seemed like an "easy" project that I could just whip out in a matter of minutes. Of course it took me a good two hours, mostly because I had to re-read this pattern online about 500 times before I could conceptually understand where she was going with the pockets. Total user error - the pattern is great! Final product was pretty good, too! I'm happy with how it turned out and that it fits so nicely in my diaper bag.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
I made two batches of these cookies this weekend, because 1) they were good, and 2) they were good for giving. This is great recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies, which aren't that sweet, not too unhealthy, and have a very soft, cakey texture. (James is a crunchy cookie kind of guy, so this was not his favorite recipe - he said flavor was good, though.) First batch went to friends / us, second batch went to the Fire Station. In addition to being all "Martha Stewart" this weekend, we also got a little MacGyver-ish and installed the car seat. Well, we think we installed the car seat. After installing it first in our driveway and then a second time at the Fire Station, we're now thinking through a third method for installation and going to take it to another Fire Station later this week. I see why this stresses out so many parents...
But, regardless, the very nice - and, ahem, cute - firemen who helped us the first time still got a batch of pumpkin cookies to take back up to their crew. Especially since we pulled them out the Sunday football games to talk through all our doubts.
Curtains
And, the final thing I spent time on this weekend - THE CURTAINS! That's right, my terribly uneven curtains have now been redone (yet again), after about four hours of me laying on the downstairs floor, crying about how to fix them. Seriously, real tears. I had almost given up on them, but thought "it's taken us over two years to have a baby and these are his curtains and I JUST CAN'T GIVE UP ON THEM NOW!!!" Nothing like out-of-control pregnancy hormones to keep you focused.
Now, confession, I think they look great from the front. Just like I had pictured. The back...is terrible. Please, please, puh-lease do not come over to my house and carefully inspect the curtains. If you start to turn them over, I will jump on you like a spider monkey...
:)
No pictures of those curtains, because they will be part of the next post: The Nursery Reveal!!
















Those hats are SO cute! Seriously, so, so cute! He's going to look so handsome! Can't wait to see the nursery!
ReplyDeleteWay to use your down time to be crafty! Those little hats and that diaper changing pad are precious. And speaking of pumpkin... have you seen those 2-ingredient pumpkin brownies floating around on Pinterest recently? I made them yesterday to thank my friend who came over at the last minute while we went to the hospital, and I thought they were really yummy!
ReplyDeleteOur son is going to have more crocheted scull-cap hats than Zac Brown. :)
ReplyDeleteThose hats are adorable!!
ReplyDeleteWe need to come over this weekend, so I can see the nursery before the reveal on the blog!
I should not have laughed as much about what James posted as I did but that is too funny! The hats are way cute though and I am sure your little guy will be WAY cuter then Zac Brown. Can't wait to see the nursery :)
ReplyDelete