James was actually traveling last week on his birthday (and, yes, I remained in a constant state of panic that this baby would look to make an early arrival), so we celebrated a bit later this weekend. First, James came home to cookies that were, if the baker can say so herself, absolutely HEAVENLY. They closely resemble the flavor of Girl Scout Do-Si-Dos, which I think we can all agree is a great thing. (Click for the recipe here.) I also had some small little gifts for the guy who has everything, including giftcards to his favorite coffee and yogurt places so he can indulge without his wife giving him grief.
On Sunday, we had a little get together at the house. Mom/Ms. Leron and Aunt Wyllene brought over Fellini's pizza (YUM), salad, and, of course, James' favorite birthday cake with the hard chocolate frosting.
We got to celebrate with a small group of family and friends-who-are-like-family, and enjoyed some absolutely gorgeous Atlanta weather. Couldn't have asked for a better day!
A very, very happy birthday to my honey. I can't wait for all the good things and blessings that are coming your way this year, and feel so lucky to get to share them with you!















Yay!! Happy birthday, James! Those cookies look amaaaazing!!!
ReplyDelete