Friday, April 5, 2013

Hey, Hey, Hey, It's Fat Enda!

I haven't obsessed about the dog child on the blog for a while, so figured an Enda post was about due...

Enda went to the vet today for her 1 year check up. She did surprisingly well, without jumping or barking or any of the other crazy antics we see from this Vizsla. I think the vet tech even referred to her as "chill". Um, wow...

Everything looks great....except her weight. I had been commenting for a while that Enda was getting a little thick, but James kept saying she was just "stocky". Well, folks, we got confirmation today: girlfriend's not stocky. Girlfriend is just FAT. (And that is not with a "ph" as in "phat". She's a regular little porker.)

Of course this is upsetting to me. I think being fit and trim and lean is super important for a healthy lifestyle. (I mean, I practically make it my life's mission to personally annoy most everyone I love about working out and eating right!) So now my high energy dog who walks 5 miles a day and eats this all natural expensive crap is chubs? Nooooooo. Of course I was all about how to remedy this. Only feed snacks of carrots and green beans? Done! Less food and let her whine if she is hungry. Her cries don't affect this pet mama!

Poor little gal...her days of licking away at a peanut butter Kong are over. Carrots, Enda girl?


2 comments:

  1. We were told once that Aggie had a "fat pad" on her chest. The next week, we saw our vet on the cover of the local newspaper...she's a bodybuilder! Ha! Anyway, I was also going to tell you that she loves carrots, so maybe Edna will, too! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Edna! My dog has been over weight for a few years, but he is just so happy that I don't let it bother me. He is only a few pounds over so I try not to worry too much. The one time I did worry was when I was in a vet office and they had a sign in there that read "If your dog is overweight...look in the mirror" I was like wow, so you calling me fat too huh! That's when I started running A LOT! :)

    ReplyDelete