Looking back on the blog, I certainly didn't write as much this year as I have in year's past. Which is sad to me, because this blog serves as our family journal that we use to record our lives and memories! Now, granted, the past 2 years have been "unprecedented", isolating, and required more time at home, but, still, I have goals this year to carve out more time for entries. Let's see how I do!
I did not, however, neglect my reading time. I love to read, I love the mental break and relaxation it provides me, and I protect it at all costs. I had made a goal of 25 books this year, and surpassed it by a few. It helps that several of these books are children's literature, which go fast and are read on top of my normal books (at night, to JB). I'm learning that children's lit does not, however, translate into a shallow storyline. Several (Stone Fox) left me and JB in tears and impacted for days. They can pack quite a punch in their little size.
1. One Last Thing Before I Go, Jonathan Tropper
2. The Maidens, Alex Michaelides
3. The Midnight Library, Matt Haig
4. The Last Thing He Told Me, Laura Dave
5. The Summer Before the War, Helen Simonson
6. Go Set a Watchman, Harper Lee
7. Hank the Cow dog, John Erickson
8. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Mary Ann Shaffer
9. My Name is Lucy Barton, Elizabeth Stout
10. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, C.S. Lewis
11. Matilda, Roald Dahl
12. The Twits, Roald Dahl
13. Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, Roald Dahl
14. James and Giant Peach, Roald Dahl
15. Stuart Little, E.B. White
16. Stone Fox, John Reynolds Gardiner
Non-Fiction, Business / Economics
17. Think Again, Adam Grant
18. Deaths of Despair and the Future of Capitalism, Anne Case and Angus Deaton
19. Getting Naked, Patrick Lencioni
Non-Fiction, Memoir
20. Becoming, Michelle Obama
21. How Y’all Doing, Leslie Jordan
23. Greenlights, Matthew McConaughey
Non-Fiction, History
24. Leadership in Turbulent Times, Doris Kearns Goodwin
25. The Deepest South of All, Richard Grant
26. We Were the Lucky Ones, Georgia Hunter
Non-Fiction, Religious*
27. One Thousand Gifts, Ann Voskamp
28. Dwell on These Things, John Stange













No comments:
Post a Comment